pizzaguy's new build (this one is the one) no more changing

pizzaguy

20140908_213549_zpshsdahkd5.jpg

Copps eruzio all colored up and taking off

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. It's to cramped. Hopefully get these nitrates under control and get the next tank setup so I can thin this tank out.

I thought I needed all this coral when I first started out and then I realized it was just another addiction. Haha

What is the SPS right in the middle of the last pic on the previous page. I need a nice size frag of that.

Edited by epleeds

That piece came from graham gws3. Maybe he can chime in as I can't remember the name. Wanna say raspberry something.

Funny every single pic on this thread is cell pics. The latest are galaxy s4 phone pics. 0 editing. I lay my phone in a top down viewer and turn the voice command on and yell capture. Easy enough. Lol

That piece came from graham gws3. Maybe he can chime in as I can't remember the name. Wanna say raspberry something.

Raspberry nasuta.  If my memory is correct it's the same coral Exotic Aquatics used to sell as EA Pink Lemonade years ago.  It's very different than the real pink lemonade though.  I remember they had a big colony in their display tank up front.

It's branching out a bit more in your tank than it does in mine, likely due to different flow.  Looks awesome in your tank though.  It can be a rather sensitive coral.

Easy stuff dies on me harder stuff lives. I don't even bother trying to figure it out anymore. Hopefully this gigantic nitrate reactor will ease my pain a little so I can get back to enjoying the hobby instead of it feeling like a second job.

I kind of can't wait for you to talk to Rich Ross about how you have resorted to dosing phosphate into your tank to try to bring down nitrate.  It's still one of the weirdest stories I've heard about someone's tank chemistry.

No on the phosphate. My corals looked alot better when I did but wasn't doing anything for my nitrates so I decided not to add fuel to the fire and take a chance. Hence the nitrate reactor

Are you ready for the most exciting post in this whole thread??

The left is the effluent out of the reactor so now it's just a matter of time