The Looking Glass

The cool thing about this project is that it is coming together as planned, which does not always work out that way.

I do have some reservations about the doors because the canopy doors will be large.  The stand front doors need to be 25x24 and the canopy front doors 35x24.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

WOW. Like a boss. That is amazing work, I'm blown away by the thought and craftsmanship!

Appreciate the kind words from everyone.  I am working on a small project that involves an Arduino, Raspberry Pi and topoff container.

Auto water change system?

Looks nice buddy! Good talking to you for a bit at the meeting and putting a face behind the bike. Forgot to ask if you really ride a Ducati or is that a statement that we should ride a Ducati? :cool:

Auto water change system?

Looks nice buddy! Good talking to you for a bit at the meeting and putting a face behind the bike. Forgot to ask if you really ride a Ducati or is that a statement that we should ride a Ducati? :cool:

I need or shall I say want a digital monitoring system for my remote topoff container.  I am tired of wondering if the container 80% or 10% full.  Also, trying to incorporate the readout on Fusion.

I used to ride a duck, had to shelve my helmet.

Very cool, Tony.  Those doors came out great and the bookshelf door continues to be awesome.

Thanks,  The only thing I wish I had done differently is extend the bookshelf to the ceiling.  Overall I am very happy. 

Tony- Beautiful, I am following along. I like the Maxwell Smart door, nice detail.

Now someone just needs to walk out of it with a fedora on!.....wait?

From a technically standpoint, you may want to add an additional hinge in the middle of each door and some type of magnetic latch to keep the load off of the end of the cabinet doors that are over the tank. Over time they may warp with the moisture. Another option would be to add cross braces on the back of the doors in an "X" pattern to help prevent any cupping or warping of the door. Any door over 30" and is built with a single 3/4" board we tend to see some type of misalignment if it does not have extra supports. IMO

I love the way you have total access to everything, while also being able to keep some very clean lines when it is closed up. Way to plan.

A hidden door to a fish room?

tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

This is hilarious. I think that's the exact same reaction I had when I saw that hidden door.

Tony- Beautiful, I am following along. I like the Maxwell Smart door, nice detail.

Now someone just needs to walk out of it with a fedora on!.....wait?

From a technically standpoint, you may want to add an additional hinge in the middle of each door and some type of magnetic latch to keep the load off of the end of the cabinet doors that are over the tank. Over time they may warp with the moisture. Another option would be to add cross braces on the back of the doors in an "X" pattern to help prevent any cupping or warping of the door. Any door over 30" and is built with a single 3/4" board we tend to see some type of misalignment if it does not have extra supports. IMO

I love the way you have total access to everything, while also being able to keep some very clean lines when it is closed up. Way to plan.

You are revealing your true age Duff. I said the same thing to Tony. LOL :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

You are revealing your true age Duff. I said the same thing to Tony. LOL :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Many may not understand the reference.   :rolleyes:

Siegfried: How do I know you're not Control?
Maxwell Smart: If I were Control, you'd already be dead.
Siegfried: If you were Control, you'd already be dead.
Maxwell Smart: Neither of us is dead, so I am obviously not from Control.
Shtarker: That actually makes sense.

Now what really makes sense is that Reefer is not NSA but works for Control! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: