Der ABT 156g Build

Der ABT

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to send you a PM, but I think your box is full. I'm interested in some of these zoas circled in the picture. Lmk if you're willing to frag some of these for the meet. Thank you.

zoas_zps329eb2c5.jpg

+1

(edited)

Well baby is not sleeping well lately so im going to make this short and sweet...everytime i try to do something with the tank or for that matter ANYTHING i need to get done around the house....she wakes up....i swear she knows.

SO...here are a few pics i got online last night...color etc is a little off (well the tanks color is a little off right now but moving back to where it should be)

Cliff im probably not going to make the meeting...race track if im lucky...if not i might make it late....ill get in touch if i think i can make it though...

IMG_5405_zps905e14c5.jpg

IMG_5402_zps7a93081a.jpg

IMG_5401_zpsd6baddd4.jpg

IMG_5398_zps8395541b.jpg

IMG_5395_zps45bb9ab3.jpg

IMG_5390_zpsc00f3d38.jpg

IMG_5388_zps85c79d89.jpg

[url=http://s468.photobucket.com/user/Der_ABT/media/102213%20Fish%20tank/IMG_5385_zps6b4ae2c0.jpg.html]IMG_5385_zps6b4ae2c0.jpg[/

RL]

Sad part is most of these are from my daughters 30g

Edited by Der ABT

(edited)

main...t5 only so whitebalance is off

IMG_5442_zps7f031a67.jpg

Rainbow showing back up...just didnt capture the color well

IMG_5441_zps2dfec95c.jpg

got hawkins

IMG_5436_zps7fab1b6d.jpg

browned from the phosphates in teh old tank i think

IMG_5421_zpse867c6f8.jpg

and shes awake again...haha...ok thats it for tonight then

Edited by Der ABT

I understand . With a daughter 16 years of age now. Waking up in the middle of the night or interrupting me cleaning tank etc would be welcomed . BTW corals don't look that bad at all.

Edited by DCReefer1964

(edited)

Well got a little bit sold, still need more room just need things to settle in and color back up.

here is a slightly updated pic, did a little rock work on the left side....not finished but closer to what i wanted (there is a piece in the center that will be move to make more of a cave) as its too much of a wall right now that im not really happy with....and some corals look funny cause i couldnt mount them on the same angle as when they were in the 90g

Frag rack is in there for pics from the meeting and will not be there long.

ps im horrible at full tank shots..not sure how people do them

IMG_5466_zps59f39ef2.jpg

IMG_5464_zps3c19d676.jpg

just need to clean the glass and finish moving some rock around then it will be set for a while.

Got to meet a bunch of wamas members i only knew by screen name, and safe to say all have been great people and ive enjoyed talking reefs.....they even put up with the mess in my fishroom, which will be organized...One day...i think

Edited by Der ABT

Wow, looks great! I don't remember any discussion about it, and I'm too lazy to go back through the thread, but have you put any thought into tinting the back, or painting it? Or are you hoping that the corals will cover it up in no time? Either way, still looks amazing, can't wait to watch it all grow in even more!

eventually ill probably do somthing similar to what coralhind has done, the plastic/cardboard like white back ground and either leave it white or paint it some color.. (hot pink if my daughter has anything to do with it) but there are a few more projects  (like actually taking down the 90g) i need to tackle first.

i wont paint, i like being able to see from behind (HA could have worded that alot funnier) so it will be something removeable.

still need to get the last t5s hung, get the d120 in the center hung correctly,  close in the top with some tyvek and the sump, clean up the electrical, finish install the last reactors/equipment, install my fan to get rid of some of the humidity, and the list goes on as it always does.

also need to order fish..haha.

just dont have much for time as usual just get a few hours late night (and they are not solid hours..more like 15min at a time the way these kids sleep, i swear they know when i start doing something important and time consuming)

Wow, looks great! I don't remember any discussion about it, and I'm too lazy to go back through the thread, but have you put any thought into tinting the back, or painting it? Or are you hoping that the corals will cover it up in no time? Either way, still looks amazing, can't wait to watch it all grow in even more!

Hey the sweet thing about him not having the back tinted is you can see all the cool frag in the back room to beg for him to sell you. In addition his daughters tank is a drop and grow out paridise. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Well time for a little update, finally got some time to do a water change and move some rocks around...still have to get rid of a couple corals but ill get there soon. Spent the weekend moving and fixing a used wooden swing set, need to paint it if the temps raise anytime soon....needless to say daughter is EXTATIC

Also added some fish to the tank finally, moved the hippo tang from the 40 breeder into the big tank, and had a purple tang in QT that was finally ready to make an appearance...made some rock changed that im failrly happy with but wont be final till i get some big corals out the way....so without further banter....here are some pics....hope you like

IMG_20131105_233154_542_zps0971c6f8.jpg

IMG_20131105_233148_692_zpsb6921924.jpg

IMG_20131105_233109_308_zps61bd98f3.jpg

IMG_20131105_233115_553_zpsd7a16c09.jpg

IMG_20131105_233122_681_zpsf4f3fa3c.jpg

Sorry all are cell pics and not the greatest but you get what you get. its dirty on the front pane where there are colonies in the way of cleaning...they will be moved eventually...soo many things left to do but its getting their slowly...one day it may be finished....ill try to update the frag and daughters tank soon .they are doing really well but dirty.

Edited by Der ABT

I hate you all....here i was thinking it was pretty clean for one of my tanks front panes...what yuo dont like the coraline look? bottom left has two colonies in the way touching the glass so it cant be cleaned.

overflow im trying to let get covered so you dont see the pipes (this may change though)...backpane i didnt take the time to scrape...i need a new blade for my magfloat and keep forgetting to pick one up.

Steve...i like how you think....i still done understand how this all came out of a 90 gallon...one day ill go bigger, but that means cutting the wall more...UGH...

that's a lot of work, good job bud! very interested to see some more clear photos (when the glass is clean :tongue: ) of how you arrange your colonies around your rockwork.

mighty fine weather today for some swingset painting!  I don't feel like cleaning your tank LOL  I barely clean my own but I can paint like no ones business...as long as a cold beer is provided

I can paint like no ones business...as long as a cold beer is provided

Under these conditions there is a lot I can manage.

Steve...i like how you think....i still done understand how this all came out of a 90 gallon...one day ill go bigger, but that means cutting the wall more...UGH...

No, no, no.........you're looking at it all wrong.  Don't cut the wall anymore.  Just get a 7 or 8 foot tank and have it go past the opening.  You could hide all your powerheads in that area but still be able to see 90% of the inside of the tank.  I'm just sayin.

No, no, no.........you're looking at it all wrong.  Don't cut the wall anymore.  Just get a 7 or 8 foot tank and have it go past the opening.  You could hide all your powerheads in that area but still be able to see 90% of the inside of the tank.  I'm just sayin.

WOW  amazing idea really...