My 220 gallon rebuild

MBVette

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all the wires run through c-hooks all the way over until it gets to where the apex is and the power strips.  No water is right around the power strips and they all have drip loops on them.

And last time was just due to me not using a surge protector.  Nothing is plugged directly into the wall now b/c of that either.

• 1 month later...

The tank is a mess right now, going to have to clean it up first.  I'll get a new one up by the end of the week for you guys.

Well you rushed me, so here is a messy tank.  I cant get squat to grow in here though, nothing really dies, but nothing grows either, dont get it.  I will work on getting better pics with color balance other than blue on here when I get some time.

null_zpsc414adf7.jpg

null_zps4ea673ca.jpg

null_zpsb0a6ea15.jpg

• 5 months later...

So I have been gone for a few months, but figured it was time to make a comeback to wamas.  And I guess a good way is to give a tank update.

So here is a crappy pic of the tank

photo6_zps9548f8ae.jpg

My current residents are:

Purple Tang

Yellow Tang

Hippo Tang

Chevron Tang

Male Masked Swallowtail (his girlfriend died a couple months back :mad: )

Pair of Blue Throat Triggers

Candy Hogfish

Solon Fairy Wrasse

Lubbucks Fairy Wrasse

Diamond Goby

Pink Spotted Watchman Goby

Pair of Snow Onyx Clowns

Hawaiian Flame Angel

And of course there is my exquiste wrasse who resides in my sump after riding the drain down there on 3 seperate occasions.

Edited by MBVette

A wrasse with spirit. If you're looking to sell it or trade it, lmk, if that's not what you've worked out with wildcrazyjoker already.

Oh my bestie is back! Hey Scott...could ya turn the blues off so I can see the fish maybe?

Other than that it's looking good!

(and as far as taking FTS of a 6 foot tank...just BACKUP as far as you can,lol)

It is a miracle to see the back of the tank.  now i just have to fight off the coralline bc it grows on my front panel like a weed.

What's up Kim! Your anemone is getting on my nerves now, he has decided to move on top of all my zoa's, im either going to have to try and move him or frag the zoas to a different spot.

Im off for the next couple days but when i go back ill take a few shots with no blues.  i think the blue backer Jd makes pictures come out a lot more blue than things really are.  but i cant back up far enough to take a good pic bc there is a wall there.  remember this tank is in a hallway not in a room.

Im off for the next couple days but when i go back ill take a few shots with no blues.  i think the blue backer Jd makes pictures come out a lot more blue than things really are.  but i cant back up far enough to take a good pic bc there is a wall there.  remember this tank is in a hallway not in a room.

Stopped and talked with Scott this morning, was able to try and grab some pics, keep in mind it was a brief period of time, and I'm not an expert. Unfortunately the water was cloudy from stirring up the sump a bit and bubbles and general tank debauchery. was able to capture a FTS, and some of the amazing fish he's got in there, all under blues, so apologies in advance. It doesn't really matter, as all his fish are super healthy, and colored up like a box full of crayons!

DSC_0268_zps76732a17.jpg

DSC_0270_zpsd8c39d34.jpg

DSC_0296_zpsf638e3df.jpg

DSC_0293_zps7f222978.jpg

DSC_0288_zpse088e3d6.jpg

DSC_0284_zps1ac073df.jpg

DSC_0282_zps83bd2671.jpg

DSC_0281_zps3f00c98b.jpg

DSC_0279_zps859e2d15.jpg

Purple on Blue is hard to capture :P

DSC_0277_zps9fc5a590.jpg

DSC_0276_zpsbaeaae61.jpg