My 220 gallon rebuild

MBVette

Thanks for stopping by and the couple new frags. Hope that wrasse finally gets the tank he deserves.

Of you guys can take a look at that yellow tang I think he is getting picked on. The only fish I can think kf that would do it is the purple. No way I could catch the yellow since he is still healthy and swimming. Any other ideas to help him out?

And I'll try to get some more new pics Thursday with the blues off.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for stopping by and the couple new frags. Hope that wrasse finally gets the tank he deserves.

Of you guys can take a look at that yellow tang I think he is getting picked on. The only fish I can think kf that would do it is the purple. No way I could catch the yellow since he is still healthy and swimming. Any other ideas to help him out?

And I'll try to get some more new pics Thursday with the blues off.

I was just thinking the yellow tang didn't look quite right when I was looking at the pic.  Does look like his fins are a bit rough. 

Get a fish trap and feed in there.  You'll catch him after a little bit.  2L bottle works too.

ok here are some more pics, still not great but this is probably the best you are going to get from me.

DSC_6308_zps60de90b3.jpg

DSC_6319_zps6441f78a.jpg

DSC_6305_zps5b9b5d44.jpg

DSC_6333_zpse99a7c2c.jpg

my male blue throat triggers favorite hiding spot

DSC_6334_zps4d5995ee.jpg

DSC_6329_zps83f85e0c.jpg

DSC_6325_zps6e9602f6.jpg

DSC_6332_zpsc52e6626.jpg

DSC_6313_zps4e31dbe2.jpg

It's a neon green sinularia. If you want a piece let me know and I'll cut you one. They are super hardy and their color is unmatched in my opinion.

Was my favorite coral in the old tank and had to hunt some down for this one.

The tank and fish look good. If you cant catch the yellow tang adding another zebrasoma species might lesson the aggression on the yellow.

That's what I'm thinking about doing. Want to find a 4" or so desjardini I think. One of my favorite fish and I would think it should help.

Heck yeah! Though I have no clue when I'm going to make it out your way,...need another RBTA?lol

No more rbta's this one is pissing me off living on top of my zoa garden. Lol

Well it's not going anywhere, so next time we can get together il cut a piece off for you. Unfortunately I'm on vacation for the next meeting so it won't be then.

Lol....rbta's are fun! Mine moved 5ft across my tank and set itself right next to the other one,lol

Vacation sounds fun! Maybe I'll hide in your luggage...my moms here for the next month visiting so I'm going to miss the meeting too...

We'll have to catch up eventually, being I've never gotten to see this..or your other tank(?) {where's the update for that one?}

That tank is a mess. Hair algae, red slime, high nitrates. Has a constant film kn the water. It sucks. I need to do more work on it.

It's got a pair of blood orange clowns, goby/pistol, yellow tang, and a 1/2" annularis angel (cutest thing ever).

And I never finished the stand so it's open on the bottom too. Lol

Lol...sounds like my last stand...after a year and a half it never had a front door,lol or a back...

I'm a good project starter....just not finisher...unless its something that has to get done, then I am the best procrastinator in history and get it done in the 12th hour,lol

• 2 months later...

Just a couple updated tank pics.

I added a desjardini sailfin a couple months back and that seems to have solved my agression issues and all the fins on the yellow tang look good now.  For the moment Im letting everything in the tank just be, not really adding anything at the moment.  But everything seems to be pretty happy right now.

image_zps2c879baf.jpeg

image_1_zpsbca33445.jpeg

Nice! Was the Des from the QR special?

I see that monticap is already starting to scroll, how are those mindblowing palys doing?

Yeah the sailfin was from the QR sale, and he is doing awesome. They are in my top 5 favorite fish, very happy its working with 3 zebrasoma's in the tank.

The 2 caps are doing really well, and showing some growth on both of them.  Im up to 8-9 polyps on the palys now, so they are growing quickly.

What lights do you have again, are you rocking radions?

I have the very first shipment of the AI Vega's.  The fans are going in them now, and I am having to replace them one by one.  Kind of a pain in the behind.

Looking really nice Scott!

Everything is really filling in...wish I had you patience,lol

its really easy being patient at this point.  The tank is filling in with corals, and not a lot more room for things to add.  And I have a pretty good amount of fish in there, that I don't feel like Im missing anything.  So I went the route fill the tank quickly and now I enjoy it.  I do a water change once every few weeks and change out carbon and gfo occasionally and otherwise I leave the tank be.

Scott, is this the one at your Center? It looks so clear. :cool:

Yup that is the daycare tank.  And thanks it is as clear of a tank I have ever seen right now.  Don't know how I am pulling it off, but everyone has been commenting about how clear it looks right now.