T-Rocks ADA Rimless Build

trockafella

I like the floating effect that your conopy has, it turned out really nice.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the floating effect that your conopy has, it turned out really nice.

Thanks, I am real happy with the way it turned out. I must say though, that originally it was planned like that. After I made the canopy, I sat it over what was there, and realized how much more I liked it sitting a top it... It definitely gives off the floating effect. I cleaned up the wires real good and attached them to the tree, you can barely tell they are there. One of my biggest dislikes about a lot of tanks, especially rimless tanks, are lots of cords and wires everywhere. Its a distraction from looking at the tank. I want people to only focus on the tank, and not all the wires,cords, and assorted other crap that can be in the way and ugly. Thats one giant plus to in-wall tanks, everything is hidden, but my tank is square in the middle of a wall, with everything visible. I think I have a done a good job of keeping it neat and clean. Still lots of work to be done in my tank area, but im getting there..

Looks awesome Travis, great job.

When you said you were making a canopy I was wondering why you doing that for a rimless tank. Never would have thought about making a floating canopy for the light fixture. It gives it a very clean look which goes great with the rimless tank. Will have to do this if I ever get the rimless cube I want so badly.

Looks awesome Travis, great job.

When you said you were making a canopy I was wondering why you doing that for a rimless tank. Never would have thought about making a floating canopy for the light fixture. It gives it a very clean look which goes great with the rimless tank. Will have to do this if I ever get the rimless cube I want so badly.

Thanks Steve. I wish I knew what brand the light tree is, but I have no idea. It really worked out great. Its even girlfriend approved!!

I hope you get that rimless cube one of these days..

Here is our new friend.. I have been planning my stocking list around this guy, who we have wanted to get for some time. Sean (Fins & Feathers) was kind enough to order one exactly the size I wanted. Not only did he do that, but he made sure it was eating good and went through proper qt. Thanks again Sean. Sorry about the crappy cell pics..

cowfish.jpg

cowfish2.jpg

SWEET! Let us know when you're able to start petting him and feeding him from your hand wink.gif

Its pretty close already. It will follow me around the tank, ive gotten it to eat from the turkey baster already. And I can almost pet it, but I think I get more affraid of it then it does of me. It has a big appetite and is a great eater so far. I really think this fish is worth the sacrifice of not keeping certain fish.. I meant to send you a pic saturday when we got back. Next time your in town swing by again.!

i'm pretty sure Gloria said he was eating lil IQF krill from her fingers. Looks great Travis, keep up the goood work!

Thanks Sean.. I dont doubt it. Its not the least bit affraid of me.. Eating like a pig.!! Thanks again.!!

• 2 months later...

Well I suppose its time to post some progress.. Here are fwe pics for now. I need to use the camera and not my phone, but maybe one of these weekends I will get around to it.

21.png

20.png

9.png

1.png

3.png

5.png

13.png

16.png

12.png

16.png

29.png

28.png

14.png

19.png

17.png

22.png

23.png

18.png

That's the cleanest sump I've ever seen.

Its actually fairly new tank, but I try to keep it that clean. Its very basic, with minimal items, so cleaning is a bit easier. I dont really clean it either, I just blow the detrius around with a turkey baster so it gets skimmed and goes and feeds the tank.