T-Rocks ADA Rimless Build

trockafella

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is looking good, Travis!

Looking very nice Travis.......I really like the rockwork. Any chance you can post a pic of the light stand? Did you make it?

Thanks.. I got the light tree with the tank from Darren, it is not a DIY light tree..

Is that orange bucket your ATO??

I have exactly enough space for a 5g bucket next to my sump, but no clue where to start.

It sure is. Very fancy isnt it..!? In due time I plan to get an actual water reservoir, but for now(and the past few years) it has worked just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, are corals are just temporarily placed. Lots of changes to come. I am very pleased with the way the aquascape came out. I also feel it looks much better in person, look even better when its covered in corals.

Roni, I simply made a list of aquascaping types I liked, saved a bunch of pics from RC to use for inspiration, considered what I had to work with (tank space and rocks), and simply just played with rocks. I dod make a cardboard layout of the tank to use for sizing, make sure things would fit. I actually didnt use nearly as much rock as I thought. Lots of epoxy and some pvc (I was out of acrylic rod this time)...

Not much new. Got the corals mounted in there proper spots, for the most part.. I was hoping to add some fish, stopped by one of the LFS last night and couldnt have been more disappointed. Price, selection and health were all terrible. Sean (F&F) did order me a fish, but thats a week or two away. Probably wont being do much til weekend after this one. Just been really busy and havent had much free time.. I would like to try a few more LFS for some livestock, if I am not pleased im gonna order a bunch from somewhere.. Also hoping to get the stand and lighting finished that weekend as well. Hopefully this time of year will give me a little extra free time. Im actually looking forward to getting snowed in..

Loving the scape! Soo open. Wanna come do mine? happy.gif

How many #'s you have in your DT?

No idea how many pounds, I would guess around 30 at most. Thank you, I am really happy with the way it came out. I think it looks better in person. Its very open and minimal, which was what I wanted..

I would be happy to help you aquascape, whenever I get some free time. I did mine with dry rocks, which are much easier to work with and epoxy together. I cut out a pice of cardboard to the size of my tank, and just started playing around with rocks. I did however have an idea of what I wanted it to look like.. I have done aquascapes with acrylic rods making pillars, Ive used the rod and stacked a lot of branch rock (actually makes pretty cool aquascape).. Ive tried lots of things, and I think I am really pleased. I was happy with my last tank/scape, but I wanted more open this time. It also works well with the shallow rimless tank, great for looking down and observing.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are a few recent pics (taken from my phone).. I am planning to get the camera out and take some good pics. Just got the canopy built and the stand finished for the most part. Also added some new corals as well.. Still only have 1 fish in the tank, but that will be changing soon...

fts112111.jpg

rightside112111.jpg

keftside112111.jpg

trachy.jpg

welso.jpg