Goldfish question. Please Help!

Max Ivers

I have a very large 29 gallon aquarium with goldfish. The water is cloudy and some of them are dying. what can i do?

Thanks,

Max

microbacter, add airstone, your tank is either cycling or rescycling. Water change is the best thing, stop feeding for a couple days.

Sean

Goldfish are VERY dirty fish and need 'cool' water .. room temp and warmer will cause them to be more active and they will stir things up in the gravel looking for food. Keep the water clean, cool, and changed, and add some more filtration.

Thanks for all your help!!! I just can'nt loose these beautiful goldfish. They have been with me threw thichk and thine. They recognize me when i come into the room asking for foud. Please pray for me and these fish!

thanks,

Max Ivers

Any other suggestions the ones from FandFmgr aren't working!!! Please Help!!! Im at my wits end. Penelope and Dimples are suffering!!! They wont come out of there castle!!!

Thanks,

Max Ivers

have you done a water change? the mb7 wont work that quickly, the airstone will just add O2.

Have you tested for ammonia...if it went too high even goldfish can get ammonia or nitrite poisoning.

good luck.

have you done a water change? the mb7 wont work that quickly, the airstone will just add O2.

Have you tested for ammonia...if it went too high even goldfish can get ammonia or nitrite poisoning.

good luck.

But I also added a protein skimmer to the goldfish tank this morning and it isn't doing anything. I spent $400 on it. What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Max Ivers

Come on guys. I paid a lot of money for my membership to wamas to get help and noone is hepling. Is there anyone out there that knows anything!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Max Ivers

you need salt in the water for it to fractionate, maybe carbonates as well( im no expert but every skimmer ive ever used needed saltwater goin through it to produce foam let alone microbubbles?! who sold a $400 skimmer to you for a goldfish tank?

Do you think the goldfish are cold? Because they are shivering. Should i take some water out and put them in it and put it in the microwave to warm them up?

Do you think the goldfish are cold? Because they are shivering. Should i take some water out and put them in it and put it in the microwave to warm them up?

really?

Don't be silly. Microwaves can give fish cancer and make them susceptible to ich. Goldfish in the wild sleep in little sleeping bags...I'm surprised the fish store didn't tell you so. I've got some spare ones I'll let you have for only $50 each.

(edited)

Is this for real? Microwaving goldfish? Maybe I should try microwaving my corals or the fish for bugs or ich next time! Maybe it kills hair algae, too... LOL!

If any of this is real I would definitely do a large volume water change, clean the gravel and add some air stones to increase O2 in the water. I don't think the skimmer is gonna do anything at this point... If the problem is ammonia, a water change should take care of it fine.

"Come on guys. I paid a lot of money for my membership to wamas to get help and noone is hepling. Is there anyone out there that knows anything!!!!!!!"

PS: It says that you are a student member of WAMAS. Last time I checked it was free for students... just something to think about!

• $20 per year for an individual
  • $35 per year for a family*
  • $10 per year for a teacher
  • Students free **
  • $20 per year for a Vendor: Participating as "hobbyist"
  • Participating in online "Vendor News" forum FREE

Also, I would definitely return the skimmer. You can buy more useful things with that $400 that you paid. Just my 2 cents!

Edited by Reefoholic

Looks like someone hijacked his account.

On the chance that his account was hijacked, I've changed his password. If it wasn't, I've reminded Max that a complimentary student membership is a privilege. Hopefully that will fix this.

If it wasn't, I've reminded Max that a complimentary student membership is a privilege. Hopefully that will fix this.

Seems like someone should tell his roommates...

Yeah guys...left my WAMAS account open on a friends computer...suffice it to say, Penelope and Dimples are not, and were not ever with us. My bad. I definitely don't recommend the microwave...

Sorry for any confusion, mods please close

Thanks