Earthquake in MD

reefhunter

Anyone else wake up this AM thinking their house was going to fall down? I jumped out of bed and turned off the A/C because I thought it was the cause of the crazy noise... I just saw on the news it was a 3.6 quake.

WOW.

Yeah it woke me up twenty minutes before my alarm and I'm all the way out in Warrenton. My tank is in my room and I just kept thinking "Earthquake + Fish Tank = Wet Floor and Loooooong Day" Luckily it wasn't too stong by me and stopped after about ten seconds.

I was already at work in Bethesda and I thought there was a piece of heavy equipment driving down the street. I walked out my office to find nothing. I actually thought I was going crazy until I heard about it on the radio.

I was already awake when my house started shaking as if a really big truck was driving on my lawn.

At first I thought truck, but when it continued I immediately knew it was an earthquake. It was a very consistent 10 seconds of vibration.

Cool, but only 'cause it was small!

Laura

The news early this morning had Gaithersburg marked as the primary spot, but if it had been anything of any significance at all, it would have awakened me. as light of a sleeper that I am. I have a nicnac shelf that things sometimes fall from because the shelf is a little tipped forward - nothing was out of place. On the other hand, yesterday around 430 at a traffic light, the car suddenly started rocking - a client in the car thought it was an earthquake , but, um, I was next to the Metro Station and it always feels that way when the trains pass under the road.

(edited)

Geez, the news just now is talking about it, and, well, some of the interviewed citizens were at the Metro station.....

Adding.... they just said a gas line broke at Crabs Branch they think might be related, but I seriously doubt it, only because I think the people in my area who are being interviewed are majorly exaggerating. If those things didn't fall of the shelf as easily as they often do, there was nothing shaking in this area - I really think there is a lot of BS being said.

Oh, also, as easily as frags are always falling down in my tank, there is not a single one out of place (can't fix them down because I'm moving).

Edited by treesprite

If there is an earthquake, and the forrest doesn't lose a knick-knack, did an earthquake actually happen?

I can assure you my windows rattled.

Laura

My wife woke me up and told me to go check my tanks downstairs as she thought one of them exploded to cause the shaking (I have over 1000 gallons in the house :D)

I just added it to the list of things that I've slept through. Of the natural disasters, I've slept through tornadoes, hurricanes (three of them), major thunderstorms and now an earthquake. Not mention a noisy upstairs neighbor, my ex-wife yelling at me, the noise of the ship when I was in the Coast Guard, my sister's very loud voice and many many other things. I sometimes believe that I could sleep through a Matalica concert.

Oh the humanity!

:clap: Let me know if you need any supplies or anything else to survive the hardships caused by this disaster! I know a few people who just completed some Habitat for Humanity work, perhaps we can get them out to your place for some recovery assistance!

They said it was felt all the way down in Charlottesville, VA. I live in Orange and i did not know about it until i turned on the news. Of course i was asleep at 5:00 AM.

Quazi....That is some funny S--T!!!!