Fragfest was great!

zygote2k

Just wanted to say that this years' FF was great. thanks for the lovely acro frags and the food too. Hopefully next year I'll be able to donate a larger coral.

If anyone has 2 water containers that say "Nimtz" on them, I'll need to pick them up.

LOL that sarcophyton must have weighed at least 15 lb

Yikes. I missed this. Sorry.

Frag fest was a blast! Thank you so much for having this event. It was really great meeting all of you. The demos were awesome. The frags are great. I'm really happy to be a member of WAMAS. I hope to see everyone again real soon.

Thank you WAMAS staff, Demonstrators, and Vendors for another great Frag Fest. Seems to improve every year :clap:

What made it sweeter this time around was that I was able to snag a frag or two ;)

zygote2k >>> That truly is one heck of a Sarco.

amazing event as always, it's always good to see everyone, and all of the demos were great as well, Jeff's [Naga] demo was very informative and it was great watching him actually put together a tank

It was a GREAT event, it was my first one and I think everyone did an amazing job. I missed the drilling demo cause I was on the grill, but I got to see the fragging demos. Guess that means I'm still going to have to persuade Bob to come over and help me drill my tanks :clap:

Thanks a lot for the event. I wasn't able to grab any frags last time because my tank wasn't up yet, but this time I managed to grab a few nice ones. Food was great as well! Thanks to all of those that helped me plan my tanks holes and to those that helped me drill it and put up with me drilling it (sorry for hogging the drill ybe :blush:). Davelin, I couldn't have done it without you, so once again thanks for the great advice! Also, thanks to those that helped me carry it, I can give you free icepacks for your backs ;).

Overall really great, had some great conversations, met yet more members of the club, and I liked the way we had it set up this time compared to last time.

Thanks Chip for the event!

This was my first frag fest and I was really impressed! I learned alot and came away with some wonderful frags. Thank you to all the people who worked so hard to put this on for us. I'm off to watch my frags grow and hopefully they'll be big enough next year for me to donate them for fraggin. :clap:

Karen

Well today was my brother and I's first meet. We usually just kind of post here and there and browse the forums several times a day. I must admit I was hesitant about going to the meet today but I really loved it, it turned out great and I met some new people and best of all I got to see things I wanted to learn about and get free frags =D

Definitely thanks guys for putting this together and I really can't wait for the next one. Hopefully I will have more to contribute at the next meet.

Thanks to all who put the effort in putting this on. This was my first FF and it was really good. I met some more nice Wamas members. That really seems easy to do every time i go to a function. Again thanks and i cant wait until the next meeting to meet some new faces and learn some more about this passion we call Reef keeping.

Thanks

Lynn

Thank You For The Best Frag Fest Ever!!! Officers, members, vendors, donaters, helpers, cooks, everyone - thank you!

This was so very well organized and set up, and way WAY better than the previous frag fests (remember the one in the school hallway?).

I have no space left in my tank. I guess that means I have to get a new tank before the next frag fest....

High-Fives all around! Thanks for everything. Was great to put some faces to names. I really wish I could have stayed longer. Its a shame this only happens once a year. Is there anyway we could possibly do something like this again sooner than a year from now?

Thanks for all the hard work from the officers, volunteers, etc. It was a great event, and the effort was much appreciated. Good to meet some new folks.

-Stu

If anyone has 2 water containers that say "Nimtz" on them, I'll need to pick them up.

Got them.

PM me but I will not be around the house for the next 2 evenings.

This was my first FF as well.. I had a god time, nice to put faces next to names... Had a good time cookin dogs and shootin the breeze... I got some nice frags and enjoyed the company.. Thanks Doug, Bob and Chip.. Well done guys..!! Cant wait til next year..!!

Excellent meeting everyone. I thought projecting the demonstrations on-screen really helped get the information out to people without having to have them crowd around. The demos were great, too. Thanks to Almon (who provided the tutorial on DIY aragocrete frag plugs), to Jeff (Naga, who showed us how to and how not to make reliable acrylic joints), and to everybody who supplied, goods, services, time, and labor to make this a resounding success.

(Naga, who showed us how to and how not to make reliable acrylic joints

Please don't pass around wet acrylic projects again. They're really hazardous. My ankle is killing me.

Make a demo tape and prepare your projects in advance. Pass them around after they've dried. Leave the wet ones on the display. Thanks for the demo.

Please don't pass around wet acrylic projects again. They're really hazardous. My ankle is killing me.

Make a demo tape and prepare your projects in advance. Pass them around after they've dried. Leave the wet ones on the display. Thanks for the demo.

operator error :biggrin:

operator error :biggrin:

No, it was a manufacturer error. The demo item fell apart because the sealant was still wet :) .

No, it was a manufacturer error. The demo item fell apart because the sealant was still wet :) .

Note to self>>> Let WELD-ON 3 cure for at least 1 hour prior to handling ;)

More important note to self,

Use weldon3 on joints >3/8" and enjoy long lasting very fast drying joints.

My DIY DD skimmer is about 17 years old and was glued via weldon3.

No leaks and no blow out seams while forcing 500gph into a 9"x6"x5" box.

anything over 3/8" really needs to be weldon4 or a custom mix like Jeff uses.

Sorry Jan, I would not have thought it would do that but 1" plexi is pretty heavy so.....

Great demo though.

Great Frag Fest! I am new to the area and the club, and had a great time meeting everyone! Definitely one of the best and largest clubs i've been in yet!! :biggrin:

More important note to self,

Use weldon3 on joints >3/8" and enjoy long lasting very fast drying joints.

My DIY DD skimmer is about 17 years old and was glued via weldon3.

No leaks and no blow out seams while forcing 500gph into a 9"x6"x5" box.

anything over 3/8" really needs to be weldon4 or a custom mix like Jeff uses.

Sorry Jan, I would not have thought it would do that but 1" plexi is pretty heavy so.....

Great demo though.

It's no problem Chip, really. I had a great time and Jeff gave a great demo. Thank you.

Oh gee Jan I am so sorry that caught your ankle :eek: Although you were right in front of me I did not see that catch your ankle and hope that your ankle isn't too uncomfortable. I know this stuff can cause some aches and pains along with some really good cuts and scrapes I just hope your ok. ;)

Note to self; use thinner material for demonstrations :excl: