Aren't we about due for a spring meeting??

lanman

It's going to be at Bob's house Saturday April 25, 2009 from 1:00pm - 5:00 pm. This will be a mini frag fest and Bob will demonstrate with each of his various corals which he has so generously donated to WAMAS for this event.

Just kidding!

Edited by treesprite

I'm down for Bob's !!!

We had a verbal for a well known speaker, but sort of fell through. Tried a few other and got commitments for later, but spring may turn out to just be a big swap/cookout/party somehwere fun and interesting. I'm certainly not going to complain as I might get to socialize!

Sorry - even though the weather is going to be GREAT - I dont' think I could get set up for something like that by TOMORROW!

We don't need no stinking speeeeeker!

Frag swap/barbecue sounds like fun!

bob

Sorry - even though the weather is going to be GREAT - I dont' think I could get set up for something like that by TOMORROW!

We don't need no stinking speeeeeker!

Frag swap/barbecue sounds like fun!

bob

We have no problem for you to host it next weekend at your place. LOL

...............may turn out to just be a big swap/cookout/party .

Can the club reach out to other clubs in MD VA PA etc....... and set up a "Coral Farmer's Market" like they do in CA and in the Mid West? It's just a huge gathering of people with frag tanks w/corals for sale and for trade (and have an auction of donated corals). We can give the auction $$ to the childrens cancer ward........

May be too much work, but it's a 'new' thing for this area.

I have been waiting for a meeting. It will be my first. Can't wait to meet members and talk saltwater. Lets make a date.

Can the club reach out to other clubs in MD VA PA etc....... and set up a "Coral Farmer's Market" like they do in CA and in the Mid West? It's just a huge gathering of people with frag tanks w/corals for sale and for trade (and have an auction of donated corals). We can give the auction $$ to the childrens cancer ward........

+1 on this.

Seems like a great idea. All we would need is to find a date that won't conflict with other clubs' meetings, get a cafeteria and have some snacks.

That would be nice to get a Coral Farmers Market out here. Especially before MACNA

Location could be at the same place we have our CMAS meetings. I can check...

Can the club reach out to other clubs in MD VA PA etc....... and set up a "Coral Farmer's Market" like they do in CA and in the Mid West?

Great idea! Someone should run with it....

I'm down. BBQ cookout outdoor frag swap. It might not be too much work if the other clubs were invited to participate "if they like" and not try and make a whole coordinated giant event. Of course all your coral is going to look like crap since the sun isn't 20k and photoshop doesn't just blow in the wind.....

How many people usually show up to the meetings? I'd mentioned to several WAMAS members that it may be nice to have a WAMAS get together at one of the private beaches on the lake in my neighborhood. We have 5 sandy beaches but there's one just for such occasions with BBQ grills, stage w/electricity, gazebo, large lawn area and a sandy beach w/life gurads. Renting the beach would not cost a lot, under $200.00 I think. I have to check. Let me know if the powers at be would be interested.

IMG_1339.jpgIMG_1331.jpg

How many people usually show up to the meetings? I'd mentioned to several WAMAS members that it may be nice to have a WAMAS get together at one of the private beaches on the lake in my neighborhood. We have 5 sandy beaches but there's one just for such occasions with BBQ grills, stage w/electricity, gazebo, large lawn area and a sandy beach w/life gurads. Renting the beach would not cost a lot, under $200.00 I think. I have to check. Let me know if the powers at be would be interested.

IMG_1339.jpgIMG_1331.jpg

wow !! that lake is gorgeous, I bet there's some good fishing there too.

wow !! that lake is gorgeous, I bet there's some good fishing there too.

My understanding is that it is very good fishing. It's fully stocked. We also get fresh sand on all 5 beaches every year and the bacteria and other levels are tested every month.

My understanding is that it is very good fishing. It's fully stocked. We also get fresh sand on all 5 beaches every year and the bacteria and other levels are tested every month.

Thanks for talking to me about the lake and getting me the info. Hopefullly we can ge something worked out.

It also looks like a nice spot of get some SCUBA. I'd opt for a place like that to have a meeting. I'd split the $200 fee to enjoy the day and see that view. Id also split the cost of food and drink to those who are willing to make this happen.

It also looks like a nice spot of get some SCUBA. I'd opt for a place like that to have a meeting. I'd split the $200 fee to enjoy the day and see that view. Id also split the cost of food and drink to those who are willing to make this happen.

I'll find out if you are allowed to scuba there. You'd have a buddy right? Every now and then I see dive flags.

+1 :clap: