Gotta love PetSmart!

extreme_tooth_decay

Well, I went to PetSmart and bought 3 decent size crabs this evening. Look like fiddlers, but I'm not sure.

They packed them in a plastic container with a clear lid so you could see the crabs in there. Also threw in a wet paper towel and no water.

I took it up to the check out woman. This is what happened at that point as best I can recall (an hour ago):

I hand her the container.

She looks at it and promptly drops it (about 18").

She SCREAMS so every single person in the store can hear:

"OH PLEASE SAVE ME JESUS! PLEEEEAAAAAASSSEEE!"

She was pale at that point, breathing hard, and holding her chest.

Me: They can't hurt you.

Her: Are you retarded!?

Me: I don't think so.

Her: What you do with those!?

Me: They are food.

Her: OH MY GOD, YOU EAT THEM!?

Me: No.

Her: You make your kids eat them? That's cold.

Me: No, I feed them to my mantis shrimp.

Her: What's that?

Me: It's a big salt water shrimp that crushes and eats crustaceans. (yes, I know it isn't really a shrimp)

Her: Do you eat it?

Me: No (I didn't bother telling her some people do)

Her: How did you catch it?

Me: I bought it from a fish store.

Her: Ohhhhhh, one of those Chinese fish stores.

Me: Yep.

Oh man, I wish I had that on tape.

tim

Edited by extreme_tooth_decay

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they make you fill out a pet sales form... they were supposed to. We have a cashier where I work who won't touch cricket bags. Also FYI don't tell them you're feeding them to something or they may not allow you to buy them again. The only things that can be sold as food are; worms, meal worms, crickets, fruit flies, feeder fish, fancy female guppies, and ghost shrimp.

Btw that is hilarious which one was it one of our mangers is an ex manager of a Va store.

They are fiddlers but they're sold as "fancy crabs"

Edited by jason the filter freak

Did they make you fill out a pet sales form... they were supposed to. We have a cashier where I work who won't touch cricket bags. Also FYI don't tell them you're feeding them to something or they may not allow you to buy them again. The only things that can be sold as food are; worms, meal worms, crickets, fruit flies, feeder fish, fancy female guppies, and ghost shrimp.

Btw that is hilarious which one was it one of our mangers is an ex manager of a Va store.

They are fiddlers but they're sold as "fancy crabs"

They did not ask me to fill anything out. She probably thought I was too retarded to fill it out.

It was the PetSmart on Rt. 1 in Alexandria (in Potomac Yard). As I was leaving I heard her remarking to another employee (who obviously heard the screaming, "he scared the <f-bomb> out of me!"

Interesting info about what is and isn't food. I will follow your advice. What is the purpose of that rule?

tim

Please PETA nuts

People Eating Tasty Animals :biggrin: sorry.........I couldn't help it

I used to freak customers out by eating live crickets from the bag when I worked at a local pet store. You just can't get that sensation of a dozen baby crickets hopping around your mouth from any other food.

I used to freak customers out by eating live crickets from the bag when I worked at a local pet store. You just can't get that sensation of a dozen baby crickets hopping around your mouth from any other food.

How would you describe the taste?

how the heck did that woman get a job in a pet store?

I used to work at a Petco - there were only 2 things that grossed me out, giant centipedes (sold as pets), and having to reach into a huge bin of crickets to scoop them out.

and mice and rats... for snakes...

bob

and mice and rats... for snakes...

bob

Nope not at all it's against store policy, you're thinking of Pet Co. It's another PETA concession :dry: (You can buy frozen though)

OK - thats gross.

Wow:) good story I would of loved to be called retarded by an employee:)

Hey! She just asked me if I was retarded, she didn't call me retarded!

I didn't bother pointing out to her that she was the one working as a cashier at PetSmart and afraid of a crab that didn't even weigh one ounce. Oh, and the Chinese fish store thing. That was my favorite.

tim

I laughed so hard last night that I almost woke up my wife! :clap:

I'm still laughing Its amazing how some people can react:) I once had a girl in a sporting good store freak over bait:) she wouldn't touch it and it took her 10 mins to scan it anyway it was funny to me...

That was funny...

I know that scream. It's the same bloodcurdling scream I hear when people come upon the orb-weavers and realize there is no glass.

Only one thing you can chalk it up to - ignorance...