Gotta love PetSmart!

extreme_tooth_decay

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was funny...

I know that scream. It's the same bloodcurdling scream I hear when people come upon the orb-weavers and realize there is no glass.

Only one thing you can chalk it up to - ignorance...

I about fell in the display at the zoo in DC :ohmy: .

Guest sickpupy
Her: Are you retarded!?

Me: I don't think so.

You dont "think" so?? Ha ha ha ha, thats funny. I have proven a few times without exception I am, lol.

You dont "think" so?? Ha ha ha ha, thats funny. I have proven a few times without exception I am, lol.

Heh.

I wish it would have like this:

Her: Are you retarded?

Me: What time is it?

Later that evening, I was wondering what percentage of actual retarded people would answer that question "yes" also.

tim

Nope not at all it's against store policy, you're thinking of Pet Co. It's another PETA concession :dry: (You can buy frozen though)

There's a difference between Petsmart and Petco? Only time I ever noticed a difference was when I tried to use a giftcard for one at the other.

bob

Heh.

I wish it would have like this:

Her: Are you retarded?

Me: What time is it?

Later that evening, I was wondering what percentage of actual retarded people would answer that question "yes" also.

tim

And once they did answer yes... and instantly became a protected minority - would the lady apologize?

bob

Somebody enlighten me...why don't the orb-weavers need to be behind glass?

the females are basically blind (really poor eyesight) and all they know is their web so they build it hopefully behind the barrier and as long as food gets to their web...there is no need to move it to a different location for better food. the keepers do demos during the day to show how they use their web for food so they are well fed.

take a trip up there and catch one of the demos...they are worth it.

I heard one of the most dangerous animals at the zoo is the naked mole rats the big ones:) I had to go behind the scenes for a class at mason, good tour.

I heard one of the most dangerous animals at the zoo is the naked mole rats the big ones:) I had to go behind the scenes for a class at mason, good tour.

I think I'd put my money on the komodo dragon. Those things have so many toxins in their drool it's amazing.

They just scratch or bite you a little bit and you'll almost always die an agonizing death days later from infection.

I recall watching a documentary that claimed there are almost no people who have ever survived a bite.

Edited by extreme_tooth_decay

I saw a demo there once where were using a tuning fork to attract the spiders. Do you still do that? I thought that was really cool.

tim

Yeah, we still do the tuning fork "trick." It vibrates the web at the same frequency an insect would, so the spider thinks something is caught in the web.

How venomous are they ?

It's a very mild toxin - harmless, as are 99.99% of more than 38,000 identified species of spiders. I've never been bitten, but I'm told it's less painful than a bee sting.

I don't know about dangerous, but the larger of the two species does have a formidable set of chompers. Most dangerous? Elephants. Second - zebras.

I think I'd put my money on the komodo dragon. Those things have so many toxins in their drool it's amazing.

They just scratch or bite you a little bit and you'll almost always die an agonizing death days later from infection.

I recall watching a documentary that claimed there are almost no people who have ever survived a bite.

in the wild yes because they eat what they eat. in the zoo not so much because of their diet but still scary non the less... i was cleaning out on of their pools (murphey's) and he would bang up against the enclosure we would put him in, even though he was locked in there, the door would seem to open a little more each time he hit it (at least from my perspective) seeing how i had seen the same show you did and seeing how fast they can move if he got out i might have pee'd my pants a little. :eek:

This was really funny till the spider topic came up and I remembered having to leave the 1st WAMAS social at the zoo early... going out the "in" door because you can't get out the out door without getting close to the glassless spider cage. I got to see other people having a frosty beverage, but I didn't get one. :o(

As much as she liked Bruce Carlson the meeting before, and the octopus eating a crab, that was the last time my wife went to a WAMAS event.

This thread has been jacked.

To help get back on subject, a fellow who PMed me about some of my equipment for sale says he regularly drives to this exact PetSmart for dog grooming. From out of state, too! Evidently they have more capable dog groomers than cashiers.

tim

Why don't we just call it dogmart? :why: It's obvious they pay more attention to dogs than fish.

I saw one pooping on the floor in there once. Big one, too.

An employee came over and cleaned it up. I didn't hear any harsh words.

My dog once pooped on the floor while I was in Petsmart. It was right after he got out of dog-training classes at the store. Let me tell you, those trainers work wonders with dogs. Here is a pic of the poo my dog left:

DogPoopILOVEU.jpg

I've never doubt my dog's love again.

• 3 years later...