flowerseller's 400g system

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "fish dude" finally had his way with my tank on Sunday.

Looks like there's going to be a bunch of 18yd, (rock that is) on the market after Xmas.

Between the awesome rock from Aquaco and the discriminating eye of the rock artiest, ROBZ, the tanks a bunch more open and the foot prints about 250# lighter.

iDusty phone photo till it all settles and I finish cleaning up and putting back the rest of the frags and SMALL colonies.

photo.jpg

I have gotten rid of all my huge coral colonies and clams.

It's like a whole new tank.

yea the Fish Dude!!! :biggrin: hey Chip there is a lot more to do in the tank buddy dont think you got off that easy you got to scrape that back and the sides that is not coraline algea :lol2: :biggrin:

Thanks, it's quite a change from when it was TOTM a few years back and even from the pic when I first started this thread.

Purple and the RBTA's will go in later after XMAS.

14hr + days at the shop until then right now don't allow for much tank time.

Out of curiosity, you don't think there will be any negative effects of removing that much rock at one time?? That's alot of filtration that was removed.

I don't forsee an issue.

I'm good about w/c and have a HVDD skimmer.

:eek: The tang police just called. They were complaining about the destruction of their home. It seems they would like a wee bit more rock in their tank.

They said they will be :blast: for the one known as Z-id of Rob.

:tongue: All kidding aside, it looks nice - just a lot more open than I'm used to seeing the chip-o-nator tank.

:bb:

14hr + days at the shop until then right now don't allow for much tank time.

Looking good Dude. But.. you only spend 14+ at the shop, it leaves you about 10- to scrap the glass. Stop procrastinating and start scrapping :biggrin:

Chip,

The change is coming along nicely. It sure is different from the last time I saw it. Very cool.... Let me know if you want me to swing by to take some pics for you one night.

I'm at the full one week and zero casualties or color fade even.

I'm still gluing frags as time permits, got a bunch more frags and colonies to glue, and those that were glued a week ago are coloring up very nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone that can make 100+ clones from RBTA's can act like the king anytime he wants.

FWIW, I have one from Chip and it looks as red as he said it would be. The Tomato trio love it too.

Good to be back on topic

I've been gluing in place a lot of the frags that have been growing out in the frag tank.

After 3 full weeks now, still zero losses and many of the first pieces glued in place have begun to encrust the glue and reach the rock work. Others will take longer because I somehow used way too much glue.

Slowly completing the cord labeling process and getting the black and brown besegetti from all behind/under the tank neatend up.

Also managed to scape the glass clean on all four sides like I was asked.

Water chemistry remains good and strong with the exception of lowered MG. I'm sure it's not caused by the larger more frequent W/C's I've been making lately since it's been a problem for the last 6-7 months prior.

Good to be back on topic

I've been gluing in place a lot of the frags that have been growing out in the frag tank.

After 3 full weeks now, still zero losses and many of the first pieces glued in place have begun to encrust the glue and reach the rock work. Others will take longer because I somehow used way too much glue.

Slowly completing the cord labeling process and getting the black and brown besegetti from all behind/under the tank neatend up.

Also managed to scape the glass clean on all four sides like I was asked.

Water chemistry remains good and strong with the exception of lowered MG. I'm sure it's not caused by the larger more frequent W/C's I've been making lately since it's been a problem for the last 6-7 months prior.

so what you going to use to bring the MG back up? i really need to see the redux in person :biggrin:

OMG, the tank looks NAKED!

Just kidding, I really like the "open space" new look.

It's not too naked now :) I've moved a bunch of the corals back in and took the ones I was growing out and put in from the frag tank.

It's also not up to color and full like Leishman's tank, but it's getting there, again.

That's a big part of the fun.

IME, all calcium reactor medias are deficient in Magnesium. I use ESV magnesium. BRK sells it in jugs like Bionic.

George

I think that's the best opinion because until I had to run the reactor hard, a slight stream instead of a drip, I did not have much of an issue with MG.

I had tried anoth MG product but had a sand binding only during it's use.

I stopped, it stopped.

• 1 month later...

New pic after being rescaped for a few months.

I need to get some better shots since picture taking as not been a strong suit so far.

Everything has been growing well and I continue to glue colonies in place as time permites.

IMG_3580.jpg