* 24x24x14h

6g external overflow on frag tank loaded w/sand and mangroves

IMG_2264.jpg

20x9x6h inside overflow with vented lower flow portion

78g custom baffled NAGA sump

* 48x20x19h

10g DIY HOB fuge as seen on kngfisher 's 90g

* 36x5x13h

My 220 will be torn down hopefully during the next 45-60 days.

I plan to thin it way down, re scape it in todays thinking, and see how it goes from there.

It was honored as November TOTM 06 with it's current aqua scaping.

Lighting

still configuring with new tanks

Equipment

still configuring

System website

coming much later

Thanks for looking

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew that clam from easily fitting into the palm of my hand to being 17.5" at the longest point.

I actually traded that monster clam for a custom NAGA sump and custom NAGA frag tank w/external overflow/mangrove fuge.

I then added a dividable RBTA and a bunch of frags for a custom NAGA anemone farm also with external overflow.

I putting the anemone farm online today (waiting for the overflow box glue to dry)

I'm hoping to pick up the overflow/mangrove box for the frag tank this Wednesday since I don't trust myself to make something of that level.

Probably cost me another dividable anemone but well worth having it done and made by experience. My glue joints aren't as strong and really clear, his are.

I'm hoping to put that online next Sunday if I can get Jon (kngfisher) to help.

Glues dry..........

How much did that bad-boy weigh when you lifted him out of the tank?

Jeff is holding out on giant clam pics. Did he keep it, or did it go in a client's tank?

Tracy

Chip, not to run off topic, but there is a gigas clam at Fish World in Richmond that weighs in around 80lbs.

I think in the new aquascaping Flowerseller should get a baby gigas to grow out. Sure'n you've got room.

G.

New Anemone farm installed and running.

I'll do the final "clean" plumbing after I install the new Frag tank.

Plexiglass is a whole new "clear' look and I'm liking it.

I'll probably celebrate with a division or two tomorrow night. :biggrin:

A chip holdover until he gets the newer pics up, Chip you wouldnt happen to still have that massive skimmer clone you made ? i am gonna try to recirc drive my etss downdraft for giggles and wouldnt mind renting it from you or something.

DSCF0321.jpg

DSCF0320.jpg

DSCF0319.jpg

DSCF0324.jpg

theres a few others, but theres the mythic clam of the deep, the flowerseller special, Ybe and I were trying to decide whos head out of the three of us including chip would most likely fit in the clams opening....

chip I will raid your frag tank one of these days when i am back up there.....

Here's a crapy picture of the new anemone farm tank.

I'm in the process of doing the frag tank so am storing some frags here in the meantime.

The new farm is more than 2x as big as the first one.

IMG_2246.jpg

It has an external overflow shown below

IMG_2247.jpg

and much better because of the external overflow box I made for it.

No more shading from overflow boxes or taking up valuable real estate.

Once the frag tank is online I'll re plumb everything including new drain lines and put lumenarcs on the frag tank

and another type of MH reflector on the anemone farm since I still want to produce some accustomed to slightly lower light.

Once this is all done, it all gets skinned with doors put in place to hide all my stuffice.

Dominion power sends me a Christmas card each year. :biggrin:

New frag tank is now online.

I ended up making the overflow box myself this morning and mounted and sealed it. It turned out just great and will accomplish what it's intended to do. It will be divided into two sections, one with sand for a planted mangrove area and the other for the actual overflow drain line.

I then took the 30b off line and thanks to kngfisher, we moved it in front of the display while I put the add on framework for the enlarged frag system.

The overflow box is mounted on the left side of the tank and ended up being 24x9x12h. It's fed by two 8" long cut outs that are 1.5" deep.

In order to fit the tank with external overflow box into position, we had to tank the display light rack down.

With the help of my three sons, one inside the cut out between the indent wall and stand, the other two helped me lift it up over the display and slip it right into place. There's only 1 1/4" of play on all 6 sides so it appears to have the room built around the tank and overflow. Thank god I know how to use a tape stick.

The mangroves will move into the large open part of the overflow box on Wednesday. Tomorrow night I hope to mount the lumenarc and post some pix.

Sir,

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but don't you need some type of guard to keep wondering Anenomes from getting into the overflows/pipes creating a pond in the basement?

Sir,

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but don't you need some type of guard to keep wondering Anenomes from getting into the overflows/pipes creating a pond in the basement?

He'll just have to keep them focused on what they're there for! ;)

Sir,

You're correct Howard, however if I showed a pix of the egg crate gutterguard cover, you would'nt be able to see the overflow. I also have a second layer of protection on the Afarm drain. I used the flower protector netting here as well.

A few pix of the new frag tank.

I'm still moving things around and have to make more frag racks for the sides

and a removable multi piece system for the frag tank floor.

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

Here's one that shows how the external overflow box fits into the cubby of the wall

IMG_2253.jpg

The mangroves will be sitting in this spot tomorrow morning.

This is a pix of the outer layer of the external overflow box cover on the anemone farm that Howard was nervous about.

IMG_2256.jpg

There's still another layer of floral netting over the actual stand pipe.

No anemones go for a water slide in this tank.

I now put newbie clones into low dishes in the Afarm and they seem to pull through and puff

back up faster. Then of course, they become very mobile within 24-36 hrs.

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

A couple of cute clones on the move from Wednesday's chop chop day in McLean

IMG_2255.jpg

Chip, I've got a RBTA that I've had for a few (3 1/2 +/-) years ago. It has kept its color quite well (though it has only split once). Do your "clones" maintain color, or do they lose their color and turn brown?

Garrett.

The frag tank looks great BTW. Completely different than the jungle that I saw just a few weeks ago.

G.

Edit: Yeah, I think I'm one of the lucky ones with my anemone. I'm glad that mine has maintained its coloration as well.

Edited by gastone