flowerseller's 400g system

I'm glad Dan posted on this. I hadn't seen these last pics!

He's right - that is friggin' sweet!!!!!!!

I'll have to show the wife these pics to plant the seed ;)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That cabinetry looks even nicer in person!

Some quick shots of Chip's tank to finish filling the memory card:

IMG_5617.jpg

IMG_5618.jpg

IMG_5621.jpg

IMG_5624.jpg

IMG_5628.jpg

IMG_5631.jpg

IMG_5632.jpg

IMG_5633.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

IMG_5638.jpg

IMG_5639.jpg

IMG_5640.jpg

IMG_5641.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

IMG_5647.jpg

IMG_5648.jpg

IMG_5652.jpg

IMG_5655.jpg

IMG_5656.jpg

IMG_5660.jpg

IMG_5662.jpg

IMG_5663.jpg

IMG_5664.jpg

IMG_5667.jpg

IMG_5670.jpg

IMG_5672.jpg

Edited by dshnarw

Awesome pics Daniel and cropped very eloquently.

Not bad spots in these pics.

Thanks Chip. Giving me too much credit though - not a bad spot in the tank that I saw. :biggrin:

Not from my experience but from what I have read:

The Red Sea Cleaner Wrasse, also known as the Fourline Wrasse, is a brilliant blue with four, horizontal, lighter blue stripes with purple trimming the tail.

One specimen should be kept per tank in a 55 gallon or larger community aquarium. It should have some live rock available for use as shelter and for food. As a juvenile, it will eat parasites from placid tank mates. Adults feed almost entirely on polyps of stony corals. This is one of the reasons this is such a hard species to keep in an aquarium. It is a very fragile fish and should only be cared for by a very experienced aquarist.

I'd love to have one, but with my luck it would start eating the polyps within 12 seconds of entering my tank.

Whole system is looking killer BTW Chip!

• 8 months later...

Finally got around to replacing my "Big Box" Ca reactor. It holds about 12# of media and uses a mag 5 for recirc..

I took advantage of a GSA new feature and had Dan make me a flange for the reactor I thought might not happen for several more months.

It's nice to be able to ask for something, get feedback from the maker, and then pick it up "done" a short time later.

_DSC0074.jpg

This is my new Ca reactor. It follows my same path of being all internal and gives a nice clean look I wanted.

I'll get some better photo's once I finish my Y/E stuff at work.

This was a fun project and works very well providing for a very stable ALK output.

Turned out nice. I like the internal pump design as it really cuts down on footprint. I doubt the UL would approve your spliced pump cord though :p

Are you glad I talked you into 3/8" acrylic for both pieces?

Unlce Luis approved of the cord alright. I used a wet cord plug end. I am glad both pieces are 3/8 instead if the 1/4" I was going to use but wasn't getting around to. Thanks.

Chip, If you don't mind me asking, how much was the cabnitry and what kind of wood? If you don't want to say I understand or you can PM me if you want. I went to a local cabnitry shop and they quoted me $75-$100 per door on custom work!!!! I said no thanks and am building me own, almost finished and i'm happy with the way it is turning out.

Regardless, awsome set-up!!!

Chip, If you don't mind me asking, how much was the cabnitry and what kind of wood? If you don't want to say I understand or you can PM me if you want. I went to a local cabnitry shop and they quoted me $75-$100 per door on custom work!!!! I said no thanks and am building me own, almost finished and i'm happy with the way it is turning out.

Regardless, awsome set-up!!!

You won't be happy if I told you. Solid 3/4" oak doors and cabinet framing.

Got the doors from a company called www.doorsandpulls.com and the doors came pre drilled for euro hinges.

I hear they may only operate on ebay now.

We love it!

That is a very nice DIY Chip. Having the pump internal would help to cut noise down too. Is that patent pending? :cheers:

I replaced my old big box all internal in favor of this smaller foot print all internal. I like a nice uncluttered clean look and this was what I came up with.

DSC_2180.jpg

This was the old one and was fashioned after my all internal kalk reactor on the left.

Clean is nice!

No patents pending but I sometimes get questions via PM a month about it's design from reefers all over the world.

Someone might market the idea one day but it won't be me.