monkiboy's 450g display + 250g fish room

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, howaboutme said:

It's so clear I can already see the detritus! :biggrin:

That got a genuine LOL from me just now. Thank you much!

1 hour ago, howaboutme said:

It's so clear I can already see the detritus! :biggrin:

Well done.

re: apex gear, following along, I think I’ll likely buy a pack of everything and sell off what I end up not using.

On 5/4/2022 at 6:09 PM, monkiboy said:

does anyone have a system that is very well integrated with neptune products and have a list of all the neptune products in use on their system they could share?

I need to buy a whole new system and peripherals of neptune gear as I gave away, sold, donated all I had in the last two years and don't want to just go willy nilly buying everything but know I will miss some awesome efficiencies and uses if I can't review how this stuff is used outside of the main components. 

Thank you!

I run most of the main components (apex/trident/dos/wavs/extra eb832) and the breakout box, all of which i’ve been very happy with. I also have/had the AFS feeder, but wouldn’t really recommend it. LDK leak detection module has been on my list to add, just haven’t gotten around to it. There’s also the ATK topoff and COR pumps, I don’t have personal experience with them but they both seem to have reputation of having some issues

11 minutes ago, jhOU said:

I run most of the main components (apex/trident/dos/wavs/extra eb832) and the breakout box, all of which i’ve been very happy with. I also have/had the AFS feeder, but wouldn’t really recommend it. LDK leak detection module has been on my list to add, just haven’t gotten around to it. There’s also the ATK topoff and COR pumps, I don’t have personal experience with them but they both seem to have reputation of having some issues

How many DOS units do you have or wish you had and for what purposes?

5 minutes ago, monkiboy said:

How many DOS units do you have or wish you had and for what purposes?

just 1 DOS for 2 part, tm partC is on a brs1.1… that’s all i dose currently. If i didn’t already have several brs 1.1s i would probably get an additional DOS

(edited)

Working on lighting… was hoping to fit four xr30 blue g5s per hanging fixture but looks like only three will work per fixture.

this is one of two fixtures.

will run the six radions and eight xho strips for now until corals demand more and will figure out something 

1DC36812-58AB-4D12-B4DD-E92A630DEE90.jpeg

55B8276F-120C-4C26-9847-C96AE255CFC9.jpeg

Edited by monkiboy

Wow, looks great. I agree, figure it out when you need it.

On 5/7/2022 at 3:49 PM, YHSublime said:

Wow, looks great. I agree, figure it out when you need it.

thanks. will need to figure out wire management above tank with all these wires... driving me nuts.

The Reef Brite XHO Hybrid looks interesting.  Can you control color spectrum of each individual strip?  For example, I have a Geismann hybrid fixture with 2 Blue Plus, 1 Coral Plus and 1 Purple Plus ATI bulbs.  Can I replicate each of those bulb's spectrum with the Reef Brite XHO Hybrid?  Or I will pretty much get equivalent of 4 Blue Plus?

14 hours ago, JJKK said:

The Reef Brite XHO Hybrid looks interesting.  Can you control color spectrum of each individual strip?  For example, I have a Geismann hybrid fixture with 2 Blue Plus, 1 Coral Plus and 1 Purple Plus ATI bulbs.  Can I replicate each of those bulb's spectrum with the Reef Brite XHO Hybrid?  Or I will pretty much get equivalent of 4 Blue Plus?

You cannot. reef brite has their reputation and standing apart from other products because of their optics and spectrum. No one has been able to match their offering and the optics are simply amazing and why such a rather simple solution had been industry standard for many, i would argue for more in the aquaculture/business side than consumer level.

you can compare spectrum graphs in a brs video a while back. i will post it up if I can find it.

remember that the graphs are rations of light spectrum not more of this and none of that. 

13 hours ago, DaJMasta said:

Could be a hot tub, hard to tell....

I will try to get some updated photos up for you ;)

was worried about the ext8000 being too much skimmer with the rollermat and not having enough to run or keep a foam head. 

spoke to royal xclusive folks

spoke to CV industries

spoke to reef octopus

spoke to MRC who makes the roller (infinity) 

all seemed to agree I needed to go about 1/2 the size I would typically even with the system size and the large fish load I plan for for the skimmer to work well due to the mrc infinity pulling waste at real time before it breaks down is not going to leave much for the skimmer

SO... i hadn't opened the 8000 yet and exchanged it for the 6000. at a loss of a few shipping dollars to ship the 8000 back, I now hopefully have a much better solution 

xrBvTuP.jpg

On 5/11/2022 at 7:48 AM, AlanM said:

Those guys must find little chips everywhere when they go home.

I would certainly think so!

On 5/12/2022 at 9:11 AM, SomethinSaltyBruin said:

Man, I just happened to accidentally stumbled upon this post… wow, just wow.  I’m not a little bit jealous at all. ?

Thanks for sharing… wished I live a little bit closer, so I could tag along in person. ??

stick around and keep me accountable. at this rate, thing thing isn't going to have coral until next year, haha!