Excited to have found the club...

Hello,

I am excited to have found a *local* club with such a great presence!  I am not only new to the club, but brand new when it comes to reefing.  I would say that the decision to start a reef tank has been many years in the making.  I have maintained various types of freshwater tanks over the past decade, but have always thought of saltwater as super cool, but super intimidating as well.  I am currently in the process of assembling equipment and conducting research while I wait for my new tank to come in (a WB Frag).  I know that I can learn a ton by searching the forums here and what makes it even better is that I can ask questions if I am having trouble finding answers.  I know there is a constant stream of introductory posts so I won't drag on.  I am most excited about meeting other members in person (someday).

Cheers,

Andrew

Welcome! I just returned after a 5/6 year hiatus. This is a great club w/ tons of information and benefits. I just rec'd my WB too but just a bit smaller than yours. Good luck!

Thanks for the welcome!  I can tell that the group is full of helpful and informed members just by doing a cursory investigation on the forums.  My WB Frag isn't very big either (~57 total gallons).  I have 125g and 75g freshwater setups, so I think in addition to advice on going as big as your budget will allow, there should also be a consideration on going as big as your significant other will permit.  Still, excited to start my small reefing journey!

Welcome to the club and "the dark side!" Although covid has definitely put a damper on the hobby (less in-person activities and supply chain issues), hopefully it'll be back to normal soon.

We're gearing up for our first [virtual] meeting of the year on 23 Jan, which will have a great speaker and raffle/doorprize! Hope you can make it!

-Nikki

Welcome to the club and "the dark side!" Although covid has definitely put a damper on the hobby (less in-person activities and supply chain issues), hopefully it'll be back to normal soon.

We're gearing up for our first [virtual] meeting of the year on 23 Jan, which will have a great speaker and raffle/doorprize! Hope you can make it!

-Nikki

I’m very excited to attend, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the group. Its good to have another person who is down by me as you will notice the majority of the group is 30 minutes or more north of Fredericksburg. That said I am over in Stafford and would be more than willing to give you a hand if you need anything as I help 2 others in Fredericksburg currently.

12 minutes ago, wildcrazyjoker81 said:

Welcome to the group. Its good to have another person who is down by me as you will notice the majority of the group is 30 minutes or more north of Fredericksburg. That said I am over in Stafford and would be more than willing to give you a hand if you need anything as I help 2 others in Fredericksburg currently.

Thank you!  I have noticed that there is a lack of LFS in my immediate area, as well.  There are some great ones I have visited, but they all tend to be at least a 45 minute drive or more.  It's good to know there are at least a few other club members in my vicinity.

Welcome to the club.

you will find that you can get lots of help here

Hit me up when you tank is ready. i will give you a frag

38 minutes ago, menglish said:

Welcome to the club.

you will find that you can get lots of help here

Hit me up when you tank is ready. i will give you a frag

Thank you! The tank is scheduled to arrive Friday and I am considering documenting the experience in a build thread.  It’s a little intimidating, but I’m excited to try, fail, and ultimately learn.  I think I’m months away from adding corals, but I’m looking forward to getting there and I really appreciate your generous offer!

Andrew, no worries at all.

You will find lots of help here. Just ask you questions.

Regarding the frag, it will be here for you when you are ready to receive it

14 hours ago, Hilary said:

Welcome!  I also have both freshwater and saltwater tanks, and know you're going to love being able to enjoy both sides of the hobby!

Thanks, Hilary!

8 hours ago, Cris said:

Welcome!  This group is a great resource and there are a lot of very nice people always willing to help.

Appreciate it, Chris!  I have already found that to be the case.

• 2 weeks later...