Living Room Nano Peninsula

YHSublime

On 9/1/2021 at 8:00 PM, tpallas said:

I cannot wait to see how mean that female will get. We had the ocellaris pair in that tank and the female  bit my hand every time I was in there. Drew blood sometimes. And she still does in the new tank. I wonder how clownfish sushi tastes?

I know I said it wasn't an issue, but 3 months later, this female is the nastiest fish. I can't even dip a finger in the tank without her charging. I'll eventually get them an anemone, but she's as mean as can be, you win. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A bad cell phone shot at the end of the day

51735616753_122ea251d9_o.jpg

And a better cell shot at the start of the day with natural light:

51734656897_a2c1e146b7_o.jpg

And yes, that Scolly is straight fire

51734656882_4470ae0b91_o.jpg

On 12/9/2021 at 11:00 AM, YHSublime said:

I know I said it wasn't an issue, but 3 months later, this female is the nastiest fish. I can't even dip a finger in the tank without her charging. I'll eventually get them an anemone, but she's as mean as can be, you win. 

It's not easy being right all the time

It's great that the nem is healing up.

I bet your alk shootup was because the nem bits got all of the coral mad.  Not mad enough to lose tissue, but mad enough to stop growing and using carbonate ions for a bit.  They might also be mad because you're messing with their light.

On 12/10/2021 at 6:03 PM, AlanM said:

It's great that the nem is healing up.

I bet your alk shootup was because the nem bits got all of the coral mad.  Not mad enough to lose tissue, but mad enough to stop growing and using carbonate ions for a bit.  They might also be mad because you're messing with their light.

its the light. I dimmed it to relax the nem, luckily caught it before it skyrocketed. Back to 8.5 tonight (with dosing 15ml) for the past 24 hours. Will up it again tonight.

Looking at this anemone last night, I think it might be getting two mouths. There are some tentacles/polyps shooting off from the side of the leg completely separate from the oral disc. There is also still a slit down around the 10-11 o clock mark from the photo here:

51742560915_2fb96bdbb8_o.jpg

My anemone:

51742328274_946fc288d2_o.jpg

26 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

Looking at this anemone last night, I think it might be getting two mouths. There are some tentacles/polyps shooting off from the side of the leg completely separate from the oral disc. There is also still a slit down around the 10-11 o clock mark from the photo here:

51742560915_2fb96bdbb8_o.jpg

My anemone:

51742328274_946fc288d2_o.jpg

I told you were going to create a Franken-nem.  Recall this mother had 2 feet when it got split.  So, I am not surprise if it does have 2 mouths.  Congrats Dr.

I told you were going to create a Franken-nem.  Recall this mother had 2 feet when it got split.  So, I am not surprise if it does have 2 mouths.  Congrats Dr.

LoL, been thinking this forever. I think I might get 3, one of them 2 mouths one foot, and one regular one. we will see, could be wrong.

Profit?

Eventually.

Office Chair Views

51747487013_39bbd8ef77_o.jpg

51747893219_73ccd2f88d_o.jpg

51746420857_d0470fb67b_o.jpg

And the frag tank/random tank that I don't actually have a vision for despite the fact it's filling in! @tpallas

51747500798_27eb8dee2e_o.jpg

10 minutes ago, howaboutme said:

Looks great!

Did you get your MP10 nemguard? If so, which one?

Thanks, you can see at the 7-8 o clock mark how it looks like it's tearing down towards the mouth. Either that or it just hasn't formed up properly. This Friday will mark the one month anniversary of it's power head adventure. There's also a weird random mouth sticking off the side at the 3 o clock mark with a bunch of baby tentacles around it, a true magnificent freak of nature. 

I sent some files to a local reefer to 3D print, I have not picked them up yet, I need to! 

2 minutes ago, Abe said:

Remarkable recovery! my anemone just keeps growing and it's about to have an encounter with my mp10IMG_3064.heic

We're getting there, but not out of the woods yet! 

I can't see your image :(

Wowza! It's almost an identical situation! Get a nem guard on there STAT! 

The anemone is saying "YES" but the powerhead is screaming "NO"

15 minutes ago, JJKK said:

Looking good.  Looks like a nem again.  I think the 7 o'clock spot is where it was forming back from the cut. 

Maybe, but it got demolished in the powerhead, I have a hard time wrapping my head around that. Still has the completely separate mouth on it, I want to agitate it to get a photo, but I also am literally just letting it do it's thing, frakennem :)

I wish Santa would bring me a macro lense for my Nikon, until then, these will have to do. 

51770304794_5e644f3092_o.jpg 

51769661476_0a95c28fd7_o.jpg

51770543650_7262f792b3_o.jpg 

2 hours ago, YHSublime said:

I wish Santa would bring me a macro lense for my Nikon, until then, these will have to do. 

I'm sure you can find a similar, if not exact, image of what you plan to shoot on the web. :) Who knows? They may have even touched up the color for ya! Your audience will never know.