Living Room Nano Peninsula

YHSublime

4 minutes ago, howaboutme said:

I'm sure you can find a similar, if not exact, image of what you plan to shoot on the web. :) Who knows? They may have even touched up the color for ya! Your audience will never know.

Hahaha. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A million thank you's to @scott711 who got me setup with some nem guards for the MP10 with a provided plan. I am thinking I might have to get a 3D printer now that I'm seeing all the uses they have for reef applications especially:

51780267970_5cbe64cae4_o.jpg

51778564512_b64d4d92b9_o.jpg

51778564367_7b6d8b63ee_o.jpg

Here is a blurry photo, but shows the polyp/other mouth growing out the side like a tumor

51779381431_3c5c64f3bb_o.jpg Bell[/url], on Flickr

When the lights turned on this morning:

51778564457_069a31fbb9_o.jpg

43 minutes ago, JJKK said:

Nice.  I like seeing the nem being bubbly.  It's been awhile since I have it in a bubble tip shape in my tank.

I'm hoping it gets the color back, like the beautiful yellow. It's probably big enough to come out of the box now, but I'm probably going to keep it in there a bit longer and let it keep going. I've started to spot feed LRS every few days, and the slit has closed up, so maybe it was from the cut! Either way, this thing is on the up, but my Trachy is NOT. Trachy and my new Scolly are both doing really poorly right now, and I think it's because I might have given the scolly too much light in the box with the nem, and the trachy got moved over by a pectinia that I think might be stinging it at night. I need to shuffle things around as quickly as possible. 

Dang.... I was really thinking hard about that Trachy when it was up for sale.  Hope you can work your magic on it as well as the Scoly.

23 hours ago, JJKK said:

Dang.... I was really thinking hard about that Trachy when it was up for sale.  Hope you can work your magic on it as well as the Scoly.

16 minutes ago, AlanM said:

Pectinia can extend some shockingly long feeding tentacles.  The one I had in my tank could reach out 8 inches when it wanted.

can’t win em all, I just need more space!

23 hours ago, YHSublime said:

can’t win em all, I just need more space!

:ph34r: you know you're going to have to upgrade.  my space invaders is at the edge of a shelf with only zoas around it, which are getting moved when my angels get here next week.  i've seen massive sweepers so that probably is the cause.  

hopefully the trach recovers okay.  i have a cyanaria that has had 3 different massive stinging episodes from other corals falling into it, lost 1/4 of its tissue each time and recovered in a couple weeks each time.  

you know you're going to have to upgrade.  my space invaders is at the edge of a shelf with only zoas around it, which are getting moved when my angels get here next week.  i've seen massive sweepers so that probably is the cause.  

hopefully the trach recovers okay.  i have a cyanaria that has had 3 different massive stinging episodes from other corals falling into it, lost 1/4 of its tissue each time and recovered in a couple weeks each time.  

Fingers crossed a couple of weeks cuts it!

Small tank 4 lyfe

Well, nothing will make you appreciate TIME as much as my CSB updates. Today marks the 48th day since my nem decided to try and time travel through an MP10. 

I'd like to share a photo of it on this snowy morning before the lights came on. You can really get a visual on the x2 anemones here. While when they were both healing, they were almost the same...

51796292797_fd386c11f6_o.jpg

51794472256_d9f34d8608_o.jpg

It reminds me of Kuato from Total Recall 

51742328274_946fc288d2_o.jpg

Here we are lights on today, the color/zooxanthellae is now starting to form 

51797360698_c883a97cf5_o.jpg

On the 17th of this month, I'm going to put pull the box and put the anemone back in the tank. It's probably OK now, but I want to give it a solid x2 months to fully heal. 

Nothing else to really report on. Now that my alk has been turned up and we're back to regular dosing schedules, my SPS is radiating color, additionally I think the extra lighting has done volumes as well. 

33 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Show a picture of the tank!

hasn’t changed much since Dec 23rd FTS!

7 minutes ago, Origami said:

Looking good, Isaac!

Thanks! Good to see you around these parts! 

16 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

Thanks! Good to see you around these parts! 

Retirement has been much busier than I ever expected! I'm here when people need me, though. Just reach out. 

Broke out the DSLR to mess around a bit on the "frag tank" but ended up taking more than a few photos of the peninsula.

51802319893_c4a0ecca2f_o.jpg

51801250062_a057dac7c2_o.jpg

51802195366_b3f9269ee1_o.jpg

51802562459_559fa14d41_o.jpg

51801249747_af457c9ae0_o.jpg

51801249862_723c0d7c79_o.jpg

Just now, Abe said:

The anemone looks awesome!

Like the "before times" never happened! I was planning on two more weeks in the box before putting it back, even though I think it's good to go back on the rock right now. I'm weak, I'll probably try and acclimate it back onto the rock tonight.

Woah...nem looks good.  Ready for the clowns.

I know, I should just release it! You’re taking me into it.

Whats the worst that can happen?  Get all tentacles chopped again and grow a 3rd mouth?  If it does you will have to Photoshop Kuato pic.

23 hours ago, JJKK said:

Whats the worst that can happen?  Get all tentacles chopped again and grow a 3rd mouth?  If it does you will have to Photoshop Kuato pic.

lol. Well, I did it. I freed Kuato.

61FCA0A4-D824-458E-98E8-3D587F8DA540.jpeg

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

Did he learn his lesson or is he still moving around?

Well, I learned my lesson. I have a nem guard on the MP, and I turned it off. The nem has gone right back to the spot it was in before. I use a blue flashlight to check on it at night, and it's like night of the living dead. It ALWAYS heads towards the light no matter what the time is when I check on it. Which is weird, because it keeps moving to the hole in the middle of the rock. 

I've also learned my lesson, I'll turn the dang rock around this time and see if it moves!

I guess it's a safe bet to say we're back to 2 tanks, 1 room. 

51815631545_a1e053c89e_o.jpg

51814914541_d050d2e5b5_o.jpg

51814914271_d4d0effdce_o.jpg