Depressed

mrn10

Nothing more depressing than a tank crash. Been in hobby for 3 years. First time this ever happened to us. RIP Dijarni Sailfin, red hawk fish, midas blenny, 2 snow flake clowns, 2 dart fish, 3 grammas, fairy wrasses, blennies, ect ect.. Super duper depressing..

I know you're pain. In a few days you can start daydreaming about new fish you haven't had before though. Every setback is an opportunity in disguise ;-)

I also know your pain. Many of us here have felt it. It's the empty-chest feeling of heartbreak. Deeply sorry. Get up and dust yourself off; learn and move forward. Don't let this keep you down too long.

Not sure what could have gone wrong. Perhaps an electrical issue. Nitrates were also high, but so weird to have all eating and healthy when going to bed, only to wake up to a grave yard of every fish in tank.. We have multiple tanks, so have some fish/all coral in other tanks. Not all is lost, but a ton of fish.

Sorry to hear. I would try to pinpoint the issue so you don't have to worry about it again in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry. I know that hurt too. Hope you're able to learn what caused it and move forward soon.

Don't stay down too long.   I've had several tank crashes over the years and was sorry that i closed down the tank for a while.  I always got back into it.

Man,

I loose 1 fish and i am bummed for days. Can't imagine what it feels like to have a system crash.

I do not want to ever experience this directly.  Please share what happened so we can all learn from you.

Highly unlikely that a PH issue would affect the fish. Your hard corals would die first. If you have a skimmer, PH should be fine.

Do you have an invert that can nuke the tank? Like a sea cucumber. Or did you do something right before bed?

--

Warren

It happened to me recently, lost all my corals and I was fortunate enough to save all my fish... I am currently going through a cycle again.

Sorry for your loss. I lost all my fish in a dosing accident about 3 weeks ago, it sucks but give it some time.

Sorry about your loss. I lost most of mine SPS corals and a tang several months ago due hardware false function. It is recovering now. Lesson learned from mistakes. 

doubtful a cuke by itself could nuke a tank.

If nitrates are high and another problem occurs, then it can easily spiral out of control because one part of the system is taxed.

Do you have water test records or notes?