Anyone know of a salt sale

epleeds

Just saw the post!

Petsolutions

Buy 2 boxes to get free shipping

10% off code MAY10. Expire tonight @ midnight

Darnit.  Only gave us 1.5 hours to get in on it, heh.

(edited)

I have found Dr. Foster and Smith to be one of the best deals going because they offer free shipping on orders above $49.  So a single box of Reef Crystals qualifies.  Even at their normal price of $54.99 that is a good deal considering it is dropped off at your door.  Gas alone to the LFS is likely a couple of bucks and your time is worth something.

Right now (5/13/2015) they are having a sale (on the 160g bucket) and even at the sale price you are getting free shipping.

Reef Crystals 160 gallon mix (bucket),   CD-16882,   $54.99 ,   $49.99

Reef Crystals 200 gallon mix (box),   CD-70442,   $54.99 oversized-line-list.gif 

Bruce

Edited by bbyatv

• 2 weeks later...

Petland's sale is still going. I was just there and they had a bunch of 200g reef crystals boxes for 39.99. I didn't see any boxes of IO, just a few 160g buckets.

(edited)

Thanks for the info, Fabiana.

At  Petsmart website IO was 23.84 with online order discount, with pickup at the store. You won't have to rush out to grab the salt before someone buys it all, just pay online then go later.

Edited by treesprite

Thanks for the tips.  Went online and ordered some buckets of reef crystals.  It ends up being almost half price.  I know the salt sales that our vendors do are run are a favor to the club and often a loss for them or so little over wholesale cost that it doesn't warrant the effort of moving all those boxes, so it makes me happy to get the salt at cost from a big box store and let our vendors focus on something that is worth their while.

Got mine at pets mart plus manager ordered 4 more for me to pick up at store and honored the same price. Can't beat that