Whos amped for winter meet

Keraxis

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't even find a list of vendors that are going? Also I haven't seen any of the regulars that bring tanks to sell from post any for sale threads. The last meeting had a lower than average turnout from what I remember. Hopefully this one isn't the same.

I can't even find a list of vendors that are going? Also I haven't seen any of the regulars that bring tanks to sell from post any for sale threads. The last meeting had a lower than average turnout from what I remember. Hopefully this one isn't the same.

I noticed that also... Thats why I started this thread.  Winter time is blah..... tanks just make you feel right.  Anyone bringing any gear or things of the living type.  I know you cant list the prices here but maybe a list.

I would like to know why there are no meetings in Maryland.  We used to have about one a year, but it seems like it's been longer than that (I could be wrong, but that's how it feels). Nowadays, unlike several years ago, it seems there are as many members in Maryland as there are in Virginia, so I think the meetings should be equal 2 in VA and 2 in MD.

The last one was in Maryland. I remember reading they were having a hard time getting access to schools and someone took a course to help gain access to MD schools so they could have more meetings there. Im sure someone else will chime in and give a better exp.

I would like to know why there are no meetings in Maryland. We used to have about one a year, but it seems like it's been longer than that (I could be wrong, but that's how it feels). Nowadays, unlike several years ago, it seems there are as many members in Maryland as there are in Virginia, so I think the meetings should be equal 2 in VA and 2 in MD.

Help find a location.  Ill drive weather its va or maryland.  I went out to Garys house which was over an hour for me one way.  Good time and garys system is sick.....  Do we ever have any at peoples house... Mine is to small but i would host something tiny

I would like to know why there are no meetings in Maryland. We used to have about one a year, but it seems like it's been longer than that (I could be wrong, but that's how it feels). Nowadays, unlike several years ago, it seems there are as many members in Maryland as there are in Virginia, so I think the meetings should be equal 2 in VA and 2 in MD.

The last one was in Maryland. I remember reading they were having a hard time getting access to schools and someone took a course to help gain access to MD schools so they could have more meetings there. Im sure someone else will chime in and give a better exp.

John is correct. And if I recall, there was a meet in silver spring just before that, making it two meetings. Wish granted.

Thank you officers for all the hard (free) work you put into making our meetings happen, especially for our low annual contribution of only $20, how you find the time to keep our club running from TOTM all the way to prepping for MACNA is beyond me.

John is correct. And if I recall, there was a meet in silver spring just before that, making it two meetings. Wish granted.

Thank you officers for all the hard (free) work you put into making our meetings happen, especially for our low annual contribution of only $20, how you find the time to keep our club running from TOTM all the way to prepping for MACNA is beyond me.

+1 Officers do an amazing job with WAMAS! It takes some effort to get meeting scheduled and I am sure they are thinking of the VA vs. MD (& DC) split where members live. In reality, a meeting in Bethesda and a meeting in McLean are really only a 10-15 min difference in travel time (on a weekend- no traffic). I assume most people drive at least that far for work everyday (unless you work from home).

I remember a post from a while back when one of the officers (at that time) said that most members are in VA and that that does weigh into the decision making too. Not sure of the mix now though.

Will be my first meeting. Looking forward to meeting additional members that share in this addiction. Ive met a couple of members who were gracious enough to show me their setups. Thanks for all the help so far..

Richie

suck up ;0)

suck up ;0)

Nope, Just a reminder that all this work is volunteer. There is no paycheck, price break, or incentives, other than the furthering if this hobby and awesome club.

That not only goes for our officers, but moderators (cough,) as well as all committee members.

Let's keep this on track about being excited for the meet, before it turns into a thread about location, or all the work and effort that goes into them. I just wanted to remind folks about the behind the scenes, tireless volunteer effort that makes it possible.

I would like to know why there are no meetings in Maryland.  We used to have about one a year, but it seems like it's been longer than that (I could be wrong, but that's how it feels). Nowadays, unlike several years ago, it seems there are as many members in Maryland as there are in Virginia, so I think the meetings should be equal 2 in VA and 2 in MD.

Two meetings were in MD last year, Forrest, including the last meeting.

Nope, Just a reminder that all this work is volunteer. There is no paycheck, price break, or incentives, other than the furthering if this hobby and awesome club.

That not only goes for our officers, but moderators (cough,) as well as all committee members.

Let's keep this on track about being excited for the meet, before it turns into a thread about location, or all the work and effort that goes into them. I just wanted to remind folks about the behind the scenes, tireless volunteer effort that makes it possible.

I was just joking.  People forget about the planning involved.  I would love a summer "block party" type tank tour.  Do weekend where people host tank tours and provide some snakes.  Back to the current meet though.  Make sure you guys reserve your frags. 

I was just joking.  People forget about the planning involved.  I would love a summer "block party" type tank tour.  Do weekend where people host tank tours and provide some snakes.  Back to the current meet though.  Make sure you guys reserve your frags. 

SNAKES!!!!   I got into fish cause I get kind of creeped out with snakes! :laugh:

The meet is going to be awesome, Karen Brittain is one of the top captive angelfish breeders in the world "Copps-  she was the second person in the world to successfully spawn and raise angelfish in captivity and was a finalist last year for Aquarist of the Year from MACNA."and we are lucky to have her chime in from Hawaii! Last night I was just reading over some of the her info that Copps had posted.

Always tons of frags (sometimes fish), you could not bring enough cash to get everything you would want. Great raffles (bring your old receipts for sponsors and you get credit for some free raffle tickets (I am not sure of all the details, but it took me 2 meeting to catch on). Some snacks, and you get to put names to faces and it is a great way to be able to ask other hobbists just about any question about the hobby.

Oakton HS is always a great location and has a great auditorium for our size meeting.

Where was I that I would not know there was a meeting in MD? I certainly don't recall there being two in MD in one year.

There has never been a meeting in Silver Spring. Would be nice given that it's where I live.

The activities at people's houses are not official meetings, they are social events.

These are posted in the Club news area

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/68747-wamas-fall-2014-meeting-rich-ross-phosphate-should-we-really-care/

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/63443-wamas-winter-meeting-jan-25-2014-keri-oneil-one-coral-at-a-time/?do=findComment&comment=562963

Where was I that I would not know there was a meeting in MD? I certainly don't recall there being two in MD in one year.

There has never been a meeting in Silver Spring. Would be nice given that it's where I live.

The activities at people's houses are not official meetings, they are social events.

Last Winter's Jan 14' meeting: 6.3 miles from downtown Silver Spring

Rockview Elementary School
3901 Denfeld Avenue
Kensington, Maryland

Fall Sept 14' : 8.2 miles from downtown Silver Spring

North Bethesda Middle School
8935 Bradmoor Dr
Bethesda, MD 20817

I'm driving all the way from Owings Mills and not complaining about it one bit! Looking forward to my first mamas meeting.

I'm driving all the way from Owings Mills and not complaining about it one bit! Looking forward to my first mamas meeting.

You're coming to a WAMAS meet, just so you know. Don't forget your card!