The Peninsula - 200g Mixed Reef

dipg

Could you post some pictures of your water setup in the garage?  I am intrigued to see how the easy maintenance was setup on the tank.

Sorry, I didn't see your post until today. I will try to take a picture of my water setup in garage over the weekend and post it here.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow those goniopora are thriving! What are you feeding and how often?

Thanks! I love gonioporas. If I had space and money then I would have just one tank for Gonioporas and Acanthophyllias. Before I used to not feed anything to my gonioporas but recently based on advise of Justin Credebel I started feeding my goniporas mixture of TLF Goniopower, reef-roids and TLF phyto. My oldest goni is about 3 years old.

Wow, beautiful tank!  In the past year have you changed up the equipment any?

The only equipment change is adding a maxspect gyre. I bought everything right in the beginning so lot of upfront cost but now its just maintenance. 

The only equipment change is adding a maxspect gyre. I bought everything right in the beginning so lot of upfront cost but now its just maintenance. 

TY, do you like your gyre?  I have one on a 36"x24"x18" tank, have to dial it down to 30%!

Gorgeous!!! 

Thank you! Some of the very first corals in this tank came from you...the strawberry shortcake and granulosa. You might see them in the picture.

Tank looks amazing!!!

Thanks Tony! Any new additions since December?

acdf6d1326fdecb7c782115e05e548c6.jpg

Look great. ORA joe the coral? Acro valida?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that is Joe the Coral. For some reason it hasn't grown much in this tank. I have had that for couple of years now. The one on the right...I don't know what it is. I thought it was some kind of tricolor 

TY, do you like your gyre?  I have one on a 36"x24"x18" tank, have to dial it down to 30%!

I only have its on twice a day for an hour or so. Use it mainly in conjunction with my Vortech's nutrient export mode.

fantastic work dip. I'm so happy to be part of such a successful story - there are surely many more chapters to come!

Marco, without you I wouldn't have all these beautiful fish in my tank. Every single one of the fish I got from you are still in my tank and thriving. I wish everyone would provide quality product and service like you.

7ab8fea6c7211df2d08f834bcbb6f7f1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing this as I didn't know about it.

Beautiful Dip!

Thanks

Thanks for sharing this as I didn't know about it.

No prob! Also, mindblowing setup! Always impressed with your tanks!

Looking great dip...good to see you keeping it looking so nice.. great colors

Do you have an auto water change on this or what is your schedule

Thanks Evan. I don't have auto water change on this but I do have it connected to my mixing station in garage as well as connected to my main drain for draining old tank water. So my water change routine is pretty easy where I turn couple of valves and turn on my pump in the garage via APEX to change water. I do at least 20g water change every week. I have done weekly water changes with all my tanks in the past so no different with this one.

Looking great! So how exactly are you conquering flow with the unidirectional vortechs and the way you've placed them? its obviously working