Here we go! Chuck's new build

flooddc

42 minutes ago, GraffitiSpotCorals said:

Love the tank and all the big colonies!  I hope those acros do well for you, it would surely make the tank look great to have some branching acros in there!

Thanks!

I hope so. I have no luck with acros. They would grow very well from frags and then died once they turn into a colony. And then there is stuff that doesn’t grow. I have a frag of pink lemonade for 6 years and it’s still a frag. Almost zero grow ?. One thing that grow like crazy is the heliopora (blue ridge). It’s suffocated the corals around it. Got to find a way to control it before it take over the tank. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Shuffle my clownfish around and made a home for the storm clownfish. Looks like it’s destined to be a female.?

Bullet holes clownfish pair are happy to have their home back to normal. 

Edited by flooddc

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Updated:

Tanks still running but not perfect. Had a small leak (about 1 soaked paper towel per day) on the emergency drain by the bulkhead . I was so busy that I have to change paper towel everyday for 3 weeks and finally got around and fixed it last week. :biggrin:

50464422223_5cb939588e_c.jpgTanks 10-2020 by Chuck, on Flickr

50465278812_c54bb006b0_c.jpgTanks 10-2020 by Chuck, on Flickr

50464422363_976e5f2b35_c.jpgTanks 10-2020 by Chuck, on Flickr

And....a few more chores added to my already busy life. But in return I got some enjoyable moments!

meet my adopted kids :)

50465042586_29425e338a_c.jpgKittens by Chuck, on Flickr

Edited by flooddc

• 2 weeks later...

Chuck! That's so many kittens!

I was going to say, I think you might have the consistently longest running WAMAS build thread!

16 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Chuck! That's so many kittens!

They are turning my house upside down!

16 hours ago, YHSublime said:

I was going to say, I think you might have the consistently longest running WAMAS build thread!

I am sure there are other that still have their tank running and not being active on WAMAS. Anyway, it's coming up on its 6th years being upgraded/moved. Would love to keep it another 9-10 years before the next upgrade. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Cliff Puckstable said:

Jb looks amazing 

Thanks! That the JB you gave me. I think I saw a baby the other day. Not sure if it’s a baby jb or just a regular shroom.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

New Year update:

Not much has change since last update except for devil blue damsel. It had kicked the bucket after 10+ years. Was one of my original fish when I started the hobby. Also, my red monti stop growing and fall off the back wall. Other than those, the heliopora took over and killed other corals in it's path. I had to manually cut a bunch out and discarded. 

Edited by flooddc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Blk widow nem

took a chance and move the blk widow nem from frag tank to the nems tank. I read that some nems don't mix well. Had green bta and acid rain bta in there before and they all shrink and vanished. hope this little guy make it in here.

On 2/6/2021 at 8:15 AM, Aquastudent said:

Those are some gorgeous tanks! There's so much vibrant color in there. 

I hope the BW new makes it too. That's an incredible looking critter!

:thumbsup:

BW doing good so far. Turned out the rainbow bta next to it got stressed out and split into 2. So IMO the intro of the BW does have something to do with it. 

The BTA are massive this morning :)

9 hours ago, Saltwater Candy Reefer said:

Very Nice Chuck!  I’m planning on starting an anemone tank as well... currently finishing up my 125g cube build... my Sherman anemones are currently being held in a 55g tank. 

Looking to add a black widow variant like yours as well when I’m done. 

DC9564A7-05D2-44A4-8AF6-913FD2A64DE9.jpeg

Nice! Can’t wait to see your progress. 

• 4 weeks later...

got a bit stressed from work today, so want down stair to view my tanks and  decided to make a few video of the clownfish pairs.

The one of bullet hole grew pretty fast. almost twice the other. I guessed it's a she now.