DuffyGeos 300g DT & 8 TANK FISH ROOM

We also were able to get the 180g tank in under the frag tank stand on the left. This will be the saltwater mixing tank. The sump is on the right. I got the sump when they closed down the National Aquarium, so just for that fact it is cool. It is 65" x 29" x 20" which will hold 163g. I had it modified to add Euro bracing on the top, and 3 filter sock holders. The over flow baffles are at 11" which means I will have 90g +/- running in the sump and will have 73g for overflow protection.  Each inch of my 300g tank hold about 12.5g,  so I should be able to drop it down 1", which would be more then what is in the overflows, and still have room for anything that come out of pipes or the frag tank overflow.

Hard to see, but the 165g water storage tank is now at the end of the frag stand on the left.

gallery_2633915_1398_59620.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome. Wish I had your skills!

I do have some help, so it is not all me- but thank you!

This is a little better shot of the 165g storage tank. We also built a stand for the tank, and had to modify the trim on the side of the frag table. When I added the trim it was a little too wide. The stand is set up so that the pipes can run under it and along the wall if need be. Here is where I am not sure how to connect everything in an elegant fashion. I am going to get help on that.

gallery_2633915_1398_105347.jpg

gallery_2633915_1398_90057.jpg

The other thing I started on was the framed support for the MH lights. It is going to be screwed together aluminum angle iron. It will hold 4 MH lights, and I am thinking of running something between each one(LED, T5). LED are in the lead right now with the 250w 20K Radium bulbs.

gallery_2633915_1398_134115.jpg

The other thing I started on was the framed support for the MH lights. It is going to be screwed together aluminum angle iron. It will hold 4 MH lights, and I am thinking of running something between each one(LED, T5). LED are in the lead right now with the 250w 20K Radium bulbs.

gallery_2633915_1398_134115.jpg

I love this.... mostly bc it's one step closer to you selling me those other lights!

Except with ISIS, and then it may just get you beheaded....

Those people (ISIS) aggrevate me...no really! :mad:

I love this.... mostly bc it's one step closer to you selling me those other lights!

This is true, but it is really the plumbing that is slowing everything down.

Those people (ISIS) aggrevate me...no really! :mad:

This is true, but it is really the plumbing that is slowing everything down.

I'm more upset with the North Koreans ATM. They're interfering with me laughing at a comedy that completely stands for the 1st Amendment's Freedom of Speech, and really what sets our country apart. Maybe it will be straight to RedBox. Try blowing all of those up!

I'm more upset with the North Koreans ATM. They're interfering with me laughing at a comedy that completely stands for the 1st Amendment's Freedom of Speech, and really what sets our country apart. Maybe it will be straight to RedBox. Try blowing all of those up!

Yea, they should put it On Demand and let everyone pay to watch it. I would have gone to see it, I can't believe that no one would show it.

I am going to rent Team America just to %$#* him off!

team-america-2.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

they are not releasing the movie the bad guys won, hey i just built these for my mysis farm you put them in the tank, so im asking would not these be better in a sump then a bunch of dirty rocks? dont knbow if they work yet but ten little boxs of bio balls with air stones underneath? i have not been in the hoby for a long time is it a good idea? better then rocks, i

A New sump filter

hate rocks in a sump

my big wet dry does more then any filter i have tried in the last 3 years and i tried everything, it has cut my skimmers by 75% they only make 1/2 a cup per week each it costs money including the tank maybe $1500 but worth it, keep in mind my fish load is much greater then any wamas member and getting worse. i will have to make another 60 gallon wet dry,  I keep more fish per gallon then any pet shop, and seahorses crap more then any fish as they don't have a stomach, 

now that you have the water container in, plumbing can begin on the small system.

Sounds good, I will text you tomorrow.

my big wet dry does more then any filter i have tried in the last 3 years and i tried everything, it has cut my skimmers by 75% they only make 1/2 a cup per week each it costs money including the tank maybe $1500 but worth it, keep in mind my fish load is much greater then any wamas member and getting worse. i will have to make another 60 gallon wet dry,  I keep more fish per gallon then any pet shop, and seahorses crap more then any fish as they don't have a stomach,

As you said you have a very large bio load. I won't have as large a load.

Nice updates, Ken. All looking real good!

Thank you Jack! We still need to get you over here!

yes you might be able to tell how frustrated i am, we all have to make water changes all the time i wish somebody would invent a cure for bad water

Auto water changes might help. Either with dosers, or a Reef Genesis System.

Thank you Jack! We still need to get you over here!

Yes, definitely! Perhaps after the holidays. Real good work buddy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yes, definitely! Perhaps after the holidays. Real good work buddy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Thank you, let me know if you have the time.

Big day of planning today. Had Rob (Zygote2k) over today for about 3 hour going over plumbing. We set up all the pieces in their places (or their new places after we moved items around :rolleyes: ). Figured out where the 3.23 miles of PVC piping would go, and how all the items would function with manifolds, unions, valves and pipe routing. I am glad I called in Rob, I had an idea of how I wanted to set it up, but by the end of the meeting it all looks like it should work out and I didn't screw thing up too bad :laugh:.

Rob is the best he helped me from day 1 and the first to sell my seahorses, and I was so emotional he had to make me do it , the wet dry was his idea,# 1, five star, "he is fun too"  everyone hire Rob the super fish guy!