DuffyGeos 300g DT & 8 TANK FISH ROOM

Big day of planning today. Had Rob (Zygote2k) over today for about 3 hour going over plumbing. We set up all the pieces in their places (or their new places after we moved items around :rolleyes: ). Figured out where the 3.23 miles of PVC piping would go, and how all the items would function with manifolds, unions, valves and pipe routing. I am glad I called in Rob, I had an idea of how I wanted to set it up, but by the end of the meeting it all looks like it should work out and I didn't screw thing up too bad .

Rob is awesome! He helped me plumb the tank the first time. I learned so much from him. Without that lesson I wouldn't have been able to do this last round.

Glad to hear you're making progress. But when will the tank ACTUALLY be plumbed?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob is awesome! He helped me plumb the tank the first time. I learned so much from him. Without that lesson I wouldn't have been able to do this last round.

Glad to hear you're making progress. But when will the tank ACTUALLY be plumbed?

Rob is ordering parts, when ever he gets them and has free time.

duff you still have not joined or grouphttp://www.seahorseconservancy.org/register-2/ do you think we could keep these alive? 

Big Red 2

you would not believe how big they get this one is small and dead for a week , and the seahorse that was on it , a female bigger then my bigist male, i will teansfer a few to a 5 gallon bucket underwater and see if they will live but youre fish would eat it, we could freeze them as a food?

duff you still have not joined or grouphttp://www.seahorseconservancy.org/register-2/ do you think we could keep these alive? 

you would not believe how big they get this one is small and dead for a week , and the seahorse that was on it , a female bigger then my bigist male, i will teansfer a few to a 5 gallon bucket underwater and see if they will live but youre fish would eat it, we could freeze them as a food?

Walt I joined!, Like I said, was not sure after I entered all the info, I did not see a page of "you are now a member", but I was able to go in, log in, and enter my password.

Spent the day working with Rob (zygote2k) on the plumbing of the fish room. It is going to take another couple days of work to get it done. I am so glad I had Rob come in to figure it out. We are able to bounce ideas off each other to figure out what is the best functioning system, that's solves all the problems (some of which I did not see before), while looking good.

Need to get a few more parts, along with some modifications to allow the pipe work to flow smoother. Up to 93 :Y's, T's, 45's, 22.5's, 90's and other fittings. Along with about 25 valves, unions, bushing, and bulkheads. Looks like we will need a total of about 90' of pipe total.

Spent the day working with Rob (zygote2k) on the plumbing of the fish room. It is going to take another couple days of work to get it done. I am so glad I had Rob come in to figure it out. We are able to bounce ideas off each other to figure out what is the best functioning system, that's solves all the problems (some of which I did not see before), while looking good.

Need to get a few more parts, along with some modifications to allow the pipe work to flow smoother. Up to 93 :Y's, T's, 45's, 22.5's, 90's and other fittings. Along with about 25 valves, unions, bushing, and bulkheads. Looks like we will need a total of about 90' of pipe total.

YEAH! Glad to see that there's progress. 90' of pipe? That's..... a lot of pipe.

YEAH! Glad to see that there's progress. 90' of pipe? That's..... a lot of pipe.

:ohmy:  :ohmy: :ohmy:  

:ohmy:  :ohmy: :ohmy:  

You guys keep getting on me of why this is taking so long! well........It is a lot of work. Ran through about 40' of pipe yesterday and still don't have most of the plumbing done. Started with 60' and we are out of all but about 15' and don't have the 4 lines that run from the frag tanks to the sumps done (probably about 40' there alone), or any of the plumbing off of the main tank.  Now you know why I was a little confused on where to start to get this thing all put together! :laugh:

You guys keep getting on me of why this is taking so long! well........It is a lot of work. Ran through about 40' of pipe yesterday and still don't have most of the plumbing done. Started with 60' and we are out of all but about 15' and don't have the 4 lines that run from the frag tanks to the sumps done (probably about 40' there alone), or any of the plumbing off of the main tank.  Now you know why I was a little confused on where to start to get this thing all put together! :laugh:

LOL. We all know it's a lot of work. I'm just anxious for you to get it all done 1: so I can buy my lights, and 2: so I can admire all the amazing fish and corals you'll have. It's really hard to do either of those when it's not plumbed.

LOL. We all know it's a lot of work. I'm just anxious for you to get it all done 1: so I can buy my lights, and 2: so I can admire all the amazing fish and corals you'll have. It's really hard to do either of those when it's not plumbed.

Yea, the lack of water in the frag tanks and lack of circulation in the main tank are slowing that down. sorry :why:

Progress picks?

Once I can get my wife to get them in my gallery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

take your'e time go slow this plumbing is an important maybe the most important thing to get perfect

I don't think going quickly is even in the cards at this point.

Duffy this is a good thing to do plant sea grass here, it was all killed 1970 tell you in person not writing much, we knw all the watermen and lots of leased oyster beds available to the conservancy

• 3 weeks later...

I am speechless.  This is an amazing build Duffy.....

thank you very much. It is going a little slow right now. I pulled a muscle in my back the morning Rob showed up to to start plumbing (no I wasn't trying to get out of work :tongue:), so I was not a whole lot of help besides handing him pipe and fittings. A couple weeks later and I am finally not reinjuring it every couple days when I think it is good to go. So we will get back into it shortly, I need to get this think up and running. I always have my IM 16g (and a 50g QT tank) to look at so it is not like I have nothing to look at, and am pushing hard to get fish and corals in the house.

I'm eager to see some progress. Good seeing you at the meet. Take it easy on the back, you only get one.

(edited)

I'm eager to see some progress. Good seeing you at the meet. Take it easy on the back, you only get one.

Believe me so do I....with Rob in the picture I figure I could knock some stuff out and would have had it running by last week for frags!!!!! But I am slowing him down with not getting the stuff done that he needs completed to finish it right.

You will only be about 15min away from me in your new location....maybe I shouldn't have said that.....and I have a bad back so moving heavy objects is out :tongue:

go slow when spring is here you will be so happy the tank will be going great

Hopefully shortly this thing will be turning over and I can get the rock and sand in it and let it set up. I will then also have my QT frag tank rolling on it's own system so I can start getting corals lined up. Once that is running then I can set up the 2 fish QT tanks that run on their own systems and get my fish list going.

Is anyone every really finished in this hobby????.......yea, I didn't think so. :tongue:

Edited by DuffyGeos

Believe me so do I....with Rob in the picture I figure I could knock some stuff out and would have had it running by last week for frags!!!!! But I am slowing him down with not getting the stuff done that he needs completed to finish it right.

You will only be about 15min away from me in your new location....maybe I shouldn't have said that.....and I have a bad back so moving heavy objects is out :tongue:

Hopefully shortly this thing will be turning over and I can get the rock and sand in it and let it set up. I will then also have my QT frag tank rolling on it's own system so I can start getting corals lined up. Once that is running then I can set up the 2 fish QT tanks that run on their own systems and get my fish list going.

Is anyone every really finished in this hobby????.......yea, I didn't think so. :tongue:

So bored with the lack of progres..... :tongue:

Hope your back is doing better! It will all come together soon.

So bored with the lack of progres..... :tongue:

Hope your back is doing better! It will all come together soon.

I can tell....you are so bored you didn't even bother putting that last "S" on progress :tongue:

Should be good to go by next week.

I can tell....you are so bored you didn't even bother putting that last "S" on progress :tongue:

Should be good to go by next week.

It was for emphasis! I mean, not that I've uploaded any pictures either, lol.