• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. You're missing Mr. Lightning on that list

2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE sunbursts!

3. +1 on Isaac's advice

4. I can't wait to see the mini-ocean!

1- Mr Lightning will be moving into the 16g upstairs once I get a frag tank up and running so I can move out the snowflake, PJ cardinal, and the Royal Gramma. He will have a tank almost to himself, I will have to find someone else that can put up with the nasty attitude I think he will develop. Damsel's?

2- So do I, I want to see them all school

3-Yea, I think all the big boys will have to go in last. I just hear that some of them don't always get along. I do know that I should probably introduce them all at one time.

4- Thanks, neither can I! I just want to see fish everywhere!, as long as the system can handle it.

this build is amazing!

Thank you for the compliment! It is one of those things where I have wanted to do this for about 20 years, but it never made sense at the time. Now it is just WTH, let's do it! I have been researching for about a year.

I'm interested in the reef genesis system. But is it worth $650? When the day comes that I get my 300g DD up and running, I want an automatic water change system in place. I am thinking something like 4g per day. I'll have to see yours when it's up and running and see how it works and how happy you are with it. I can't help but wonder if a cheaper alternative could be created with some dosing pumps (run 5 hours/day), and a 55g barrel with fresh saltwater. One pump would pump the fresh in, the other would pump tank water down a drain. Wouldn't that work just as well? Perhaps using a new Neptune pump instead of the BRS peralistic pumps?

Ryan,

All I know is I have a pile of pieces on the floor and Haywood told me I should buy it! :laugh:

No really, I had read about them, thought it was a great idea, Marco has one (so it can't be that bad). It popped up for sale in Columbus Ohio where I was heading in 2 weeks, and I got a good price on it, based on the 8 people that lined up behind me if I bailed.  So I don't think I would have a problem selling it. I saw it up and running on the guys system and he explained how the whole thing works, and how it was set up. Then we took it down, and I have a video of the entire process so I should have a better idea how it goes back together.

I have a weird schedule, work from home, in and out, and can be around for days or gone for days, so I decided if I was going to do this that I needed a fairly automated system. ( Now if Justin would come out with that automatic frozen food feeder I would be set)!

(edited)

Awesome. I can't wait to see it up and running. Trade you beer for a tour? :cheers:

You are more then welcome anytime, and the beer is on me.....I have a beer (fish food) fridge in the fish room :clap:

As long as you like Craft brewed IPA's and Stouts.

Edited by DuffyGeos

You were in Columbus Ohio!?!

Go Buckeyes!

My wife would never approve another tank if I didn't say that. This build absolutely perfect!

You were in Columbus Ohio!?!

Go Buckeyes!

My wife would never approve another tank if I didn't say that. This build absolutely perfect!

Go Buckeyes!

All good Buckeyes should have a large reef tank. :clap:

Show this to your wife.

The real reason I went to Columbus was to watch the Hokies kick the Buckeyes butts in the Horseshoe!!

Go Hokies!!!

(even if that is the only good football we have played all year)

Don't show this to your wife :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The real reason I went to Columbus was to watch the Hokies kick the Buckeyes butts in the Horseshoe!!

Go Hokies!!!

(even if that is the only good football we have played all year)

Don't show this to your wife :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Grrr... I take back all the nice things I said about your build. :tongue:  Go BUCKEYES!

Ken was gracious enough to give me a tour the other night when I was in his neighborhood (OK, I came specifically for the tour and the local DSW might have jsut been an excuse).

His facility (that's what I'm calling it) is incredible. Every detail has been thought of and accounted for here. The tank itself is only the highlight, but the rest of it is just as impressive. You can tell how much thought Ken put into each step. It almost made me want to buy a house. Almost. And the facility has a gift shop too!

I should have taken video, lol.

The gift shop sounds like one of those tourist traps. What's he selling? Blue Ray copies of "Finding Nemo" and bags of those neon colored pebbles? :tongue:

Grrr... I take back all the nice things I said about your build. :tongue:  Go BUCKEYES!

Ken was gracious enough to give me a tour the other night when I was in his neighborhood (OK, I came specifically for the tour and the local DSW might have jsut been an excuse).

His facility (that's what I'm calling it) is incredible. Every detail has been thought of and accounted for here. The tank itself is only the highlight, but the rest of it is just as impressive. You can tell how much thought Ken put into each step. It almost made me want to buy a house. Almost. And the facility has a gift shop too!

I should have taken video, lol.

We have already been through this Hokie vs. Buckeye battle before...We walked into Columbus major underdogs, and walked out champions of the battle. My brother -in-law is still mad. All time winning average in football games of Hokies vs. Buckeyes.....100% Hokies...nuf said.

You are way too kind with your review of my old basement storage room- now fishroom.

Gift shop hours are 9-3 M-F :laugh:

Bar hours are 24/7 :cool:

The gift shop sounds like one of those tourist traps. What's he selling? Blue Ray copies of "Finding Nemo" and bags of those neon colored pebbles? :tongue:

Don't forget the Swedish fish and stuffed animals.

Blue Ray...huh? recycled DVD's that I video tape the screen from my couch.   I also have post cards and refrigerator magnets. I take refrigerator magnets off the covers of the telephone books and tape a hand drawn picture of the room by my son on it....classy stuff :cool:

Is the frag tank in the gift shop?  I saw some things in it I would buy.

Not much in there....only have multiples of:  Maleficent,  Diablo, Orange Passion, and Wolverine.

Not much to write home about :cool:

Not much in there....only have multiples of:  Maleficent,  Diablo, Orange Passion, and Wolverine.

Not much to write home about :cool:

It wouldn't surprise me, you've been holding out!!

We have already been through this Hokie vs. Buckeye battle before...We walked into Columbus major underdogs, and walked out champions of the battle. My brother -in-law is still mad. All time winning average in football games of Hokies vs. Buckeyes.....100% Hokies...nuf said.

You are way too kind with your review of my old basement storage room- now fishroom.

Gift shop hours are 9-3 M-F :laugh:

Bar hours are 24/7 :cool:

Hokies!?! I knew this build was too good to be true. LOL!

Buckeye fan or alumni? My sister has lived in Columbus for about 25 years, so both my kids get Ohio State stuff all the time :angry:

A fan-went to University of Cincinnati, but I lived in Columbus for a while where you don't have a choice but to be a Buckeye. LOL

Starting to edit my fish list:

-Spotted Drum (Equetus punctatus)

Pick 1 or 2
-
Bicolor Angelfish (Centropyge bicolor)
-
Coral Beauty Angelfish (Centropyge bispinosa)

2-Flame Angelfish (Centropyge loricula)
2-
Potter's Angelfish (Centropyge potteri)

Pick 1 or 2
-
Scribbled Angelfish (Chaetodontoplus duboulayi)
-
Blue Girdled Angelfish (Pomacanthus navarchus)
-
Blueface Angelfish (Pomacanthus xanthometopon)

2-Regal Angelfish (Pygoplites diacanthus)

5-
Indian Ocean Lyretail Anthias (Pseudanthias squamipinnis)* one male
3-
Resplendent Anthias (Pseudanthias pulcherrimus)
3-
Fathead Sunburst Anthias (Serranocirrhitus latus)

-Copperband Butterflyfish (Chelmon rostratus)

5-Blue Reef Chromis (Chromis cyaneus)

2-Snowflake Ocellaris Clownfish, Captive-Bred (Amphiprion ocellaris)*
2-Black & White Ocellaris Clownfish - Captive-Bred (Amphiprion ocellaris var.)*

3-
Yellowtail Damselfish (Chrysiptera parasema)

Pick 4 or 5
-
Yellow Tang - Hawaii (Zebrasoma flavescens)
-
Blue Tang (Paracanthurus hepatus)
-
Sailfin Tang, Desjardini (Zebrasoma desjardini)
-Powder Blue Tang (Acanthurus leucosternon)
-
Achilles Tang (Acanthurus achilles)

2-Moorish Idol (Zanclus cornutus)

Pick 3 or 4

-Vrolik's Wrasse, Male (Halichoeres chrysotaenia)
-
Richmond's Wrasse (Halichoeres richmondi)
-
Hoeven's Wrasse (Halichoeres melanurus)
-
Grey Head Wrasse (Halichoeres leucurus)
-
Dusky Wrasse (Halichoeres annularis)
-
Christmas Wrasse (Halichoeres claudia )

-Red Velvet Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus rubrisquamis)
-
Lineatus Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus lineatus)

-
Mystery Wrasse (Pseudocheilinus ocellatus)
-
Six Line Wrasse (Pseudocheilinus hexataenia)
-Four line Wrasse
(Pseudocheilinus tetretaenia)

51 (total with high numbers)
(47 with low numbers) :blink: 

Any fish on this list I should dump because of bad behavior all the time?

Any two or more fish that just never get along? Thx