DuffyGeos 300g DT & 8 TANK FISH ROOM

I love them, and now I will be able to sit in the sauna, or workout and watch the tank. Even more reason to get down into the gym!

More reason to get down into the gym??!!  All you need is a mini fridge in the basement and a teleworking connection and there would never be a reason to leave!!  Between the sauna, the tank and the gym you wouldn't know what season it is outside.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More reason to get down into the gym??!!  All you need is a mini fridge in the basement and a teleworking connection and there would never be a reason to leave!!  Between the sauna, the tank and the gym you wouldn't know what season it is outside.

It is still Winter...right?  WIFI (not that I use it much) in the house. Fridge is going to be below counter next to the sink in the fist room. It will be for fish food...cough, beer, cough.

Here is the ceiling exhaust fan, I am going to have to run about 50' of duct to get it out of the house between floor joists.

gallery_2633915_1398_59547.jpg

These are the ends of the PSL's 9.5" tall and 3.5" wide. They will take the support for the cantilevered tank.

gallery_2633915_1398_76212.jpg

And just for some color, here are some of the frags in my over crowded tank that will go in the new tank.

gallery_2633915_1398_116262.jpggallery_2633915_1398_110880.jpggallery_2633915_1398_74640.jpg

And just for some color, here are some of the frags in my over crowded tank that will go in the new tank.

gallery_2633915_1398_116262.jpggallery_2633915_1398_110880.jpggallery_2633915_1398_74640.jpg

Nice frags man, can't wait to see them in the new tank already :-)

Nice looking frags you got there!

Thanks, That is part of my haul from Adam's Aquarium

Nice frags man, can't wait to see them in the new tank already :-)

I can't either! I do not have anymore room in this tank, but I can't stop buying things....I think I have a problem.

Look at you, posting 3 pics in the same post! I'm proud! :-D

I know, but I can't write a description between each one. In this case it did not matter since it was just a bunch of eye candy. The cursor gets stuck at the bottom of the last pic, and the next pic is slammed next to it without any space. That bugs me and my OCD. :angry:

I just picked up my 2 frag tanks from Adam @Artfully Acrylic. He did it again, amazing detail and jointing. First one is 48" x 30" x 12" and the second one is 24" x 30" x 12". They will snug up next to each other on another stand. The larger one will be plumbed into the the DT, and the smaller one will be a coral QT tank on it's only system so I can watch stuff for a month or so to make sure nothing gets in the main system. Both tanks have a corner overflow with a drain hole and a return hole so I can run lock line up through the hole. So I will have a total of 6' x 30" of frag space. The 12" should give me options with the depth of the racks for different corals.

Very cool!

Umm

Pictures? Lol

I know, I know. My wife is out of town, so I can't get them in my gallery to post until she gets back.

(edited)

I know, I know. My wife is out of town, so I can't get them in my gallery to post until she gets back.

I just picked up my 2 frag tanks from Adam @Artfully Acrylic. He did it again, amazing detail and jointing. First one is 48" x 30" x 12" and the second one is 24" x 30" x 12". They will snug up next to each other on another stand. The larger one will be plumbed into the the DT, and the smaller one will be a coral QT tank on it's only system so I can watch stuff for a month or so to make sure nothing gets in the main system. Both tanks have a corner overflow with a drain hole and a return hole so I can run lock line up through the hole. So I will have a total of 6' x 30" of frag space. The 12" should give me options with the depth of the racks for different corals.

Thanks Ken =).  Here I thought you were almost done with me today and you bring me another project ;).  True pleasure to work with you and I always enjoy a client that appreciates "artistic license" and let's me run with it ;).

I have saved you the trouble on the pics of the frag tanks and also included the other pics from your tank that nobody except me and you have been able to even see yet lol =P.  And now that I think about it....I should have given you a quick crash course on Photobucket and linking to WAMAS with it hahahaha.

20140625_003954_zpscol1qie4.jpg
20140625_003843_zps7b3prvxu.jpg
20140625_003809_zpsywksuwfj.jpg
20140624_234910_zps5njg8axk.jpg
The frag tanks here are "strip braced" as opposed to having a full single piece machined top as Ken's (and almost all of our display builds) 300 gallon has.  You can see where we have cut and joined two of the 4 strips composing the top here.  Even when it comes to strip bracing...we take our job and quality seriously.  Strip bracing is an excellent means of saving a bit of cash as you don't end up "buying" the material that is machined out of a full top.  In many prior examples on market strip bracing generally leaves little be desired cosmetically for most people.  With this build we wanted to highlight how even strip bracing can look good....when it's done the ArtFully Acrylic way ;).

image_zps052603e5.jpg
image_1_zpsf2d73340.jpg
image_2_zpsc1b77fbe.jpg
image_3_zpsd2198893.jpg
image_4_zpsfd80c602.jpg
Edited by ArtFully Acrylic (Adam B)

Looking great!

Those look amazing. Congratulations.

Thanks guys! And thank you to Adam for posting the pics. My wife's flight got cancelled so she is stuck in Montreal, so the pics probably would not have got posted till the weekend.

Looking awesome. I love seeing the entire process. 

Thanks! That is one thing I have always liked about certain build threads is the details. I think it help keep a nice record for the builder, it allows everyone else to see what works, what goes wrong, and what they would have done differently.

Did you get you pump issues squared away?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally able to finish some work projects with pre-4th of July due dates, so we are off to the races! Started stand today. The stand is an overkill monster, but will have a huge open space under neither it. Drilled holes in the concrete to anchor the 6"x6" posts for the corners. The finished top of the stand will be 96" x 45" so I will have a 15" wide shelf on the fish room side. It will be able to support me as I will be climbing all over the tank for maintenance. We will be back at it again tomorrow. Pics on the weekend.

:ph34r: Watching and waiting !!!!!

i know, I know......But I first and foremost have to make the money to be able to spend it.

I'm sure you have things laying around that you could sell to make a few bucks! :happy:

Yeah, a lot of used aquarium equipment I have bought from WAMAS members!

Stand is built, 1/2" thick Neoprene has been ordered for under the tank, and also the frag tanks. We just put the tank on the stand as a dry run to see where we will have to build out the wall so it can follow the 8" cantilever of the tank into the gym. Stand is a solid, it might even hold Marco & Isaac at the same time! :tongue:

I added corner braces between the front and back side legs and there is no movement. We finally decided on a design where the stand is over built by 18" (it is 96" x 48" with a 30" wide tank) to create a table surface in front of the tank. It also allows me to climb on it, and touch ever square inch of the inside of the tank with ease. I will have to build the rail system to slide the lights out of the way, but I was planning on that anyway.

The space below the stand is large enough to park a Smart Car. it is 36" deep, 35" high, and 85" wide of open space. Not sure if I want to put the sump there or hang a hammock. The problem with the hammock is I can't see the tank!