DuffyGeos 300g DT & 8 TANK FISH ROOM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marco will be proud- responding to 3 comments in only one post. Sorry to blow up your email.

It looks great! I love the concrete stain...and your 'fossils'...

Thank you! I am very happy I did it. I plan to spend a little time in that room, so I would like it to have a good feel. I tend to think most reefers spend more time "behind the tank" then in front of it. That is also why I am putting my overflows on both ends so I have the same view from inside the fish room as I would in the other room.

Wow. Brilliant build.

Wow thanks! I don't know if it is brilliant, I will just assume you are British and use that word daily to describe everything. :clap:

Waiting on the (Cat-Walk) :tongue:  :tongue:

Can't walk till the tank is in......but oh yes, you will be able to walk!

This is turning into an awesome build! I haven't been commenting, but I sure have been reading all the posts as soon as they go up.

The level of planning here is amazing.

And as far as your posts, for some reason when you were posting yesterday, I was getting a ridiculous amount of notifications, way more than was posted. Not sure if it's Tapatalk or something funky on your end, but honestly it's not a big deal.

(edited)

dude, look at you - bravo!

Thank you, thank you very much....Now if I can only figure out how to get gmail attachments into the gallery I could show 7 tank pics. Just tried following Tom's info in the

How to set up a WAMAS Gallery, post a picture, & embed a video

section and to no avail.

This is turning into an awesome build! I haven't been commenting, but I sure have been reading all the posts as soon as they go up.

The level of planning here is amazing.

And as far as your posts, for some reason when you were posting yesterday, I was getting a ridiculous amount of notifications, way more than was posted. Not sure if it's Tapatalk or something funky on your end, but honestly it's not a big deal.

Thank you Andrei! 

Sorry about the notifications, your phone just wanted to tell you there was something fun to look at. I will work on reducing the quantity of posts. I just want to make sure that the text is above the picture and not on the left, right, above, and below which I have seen on some threads. I have found if I write the text, skip down two lines, post the picture, then publish it, it comes out in a nice neat blocks. The words will not be all over the post and the picture, left, right, or center. There goes that OCD again.

Edited by DuffyGeos

Now if I can only figure out how to get gmail attachments into the gallery I could show 7 tank pics.

Here's what I would do:

Download the attachments from your gmail into your computer/phone/iPad/whatever you use to post on here. Personally I prefer Tapatalk/iPhone because it automatically formats text/photos to look good. So no need to skip lines :grin:

Next, post the reply and then add the photos from your computer.

Oh, with iPhone you'd tap and hold the photo, then select "save to library" from the new menu.

From computer, you should just be able to download them to a folder of your choice.

(edited)

HOLY CRAP I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT!!!    If so, this is the first pic of the 96" x 30" x 24" monster Adam built me. Now if I can just remember what I did....

gallery_2633915_1398_48194.jpeg

Edited by DuffyGeos

For a personal tour of the setup, I'd be happy to show you exactly how to post pictures :)

You'll have to find a reason to stop by here at some point again too. It's all completely different from what it was like before.

This would be the left end pic showing one of the overflows. The overflow box would be right next to the wall, and the rest 8"+/- of the tank will be cantilevered over the gym floor.

gallery_2633915_1398_389364.jpeg

(edited)

Sorry Marco, I added this pic to the one above and could not get a space or two between them to write a description and it offended my aesthetics.

So here goes another post...Marco's phone ----- :mad:

This is the tank being built, I think it shows the scale of the tank better. There is a Sharpie on the tank and a tape measure at the far end in red.

I also think you can see the routered corners on the overflows. Another Steve Outlaw advised detail! thanks Cuz!

gallery_2633915_1398_232913.jpeg

Edited by DuffyGeos

Here is a side view of one of the overflows. You can see the rounded corners. I am determined not to have to go to the hospital to get stitches by lifting my head up into a nice sharp corner. The overflow also has a toothless eased edge which will help eliminate the sound of water falling over it. It is also large enough to get my hand in to clean and maintain. It will handle the Herbie style overflow. There was not enough room to have a Bean Animal with the width of the tank, the wall thickness, and the 8+inches of cantilever into the other room. Besides with 2 Herbies- 4 overflow pipes, I should never have an overflow issue even if 2 get clogged. Redundancy is a beautiful thing.......

gallery_2633915_1398_220678.jpeg

For a personal tour of the setup, I'd be happy to show you exactly how to post pictures :)

You'll have to find a reason to stop by here at some point again too. It's all completely different from what it was like before.

Thanks for the advice. I am still not sure how I do it and it take a few tries, but I got them up there.

You are welcome anytime. Especially if I am trying to get the tank down the stairs.

I plan on stopping by and seeing your new setup when I get a chance. I can then pick up my Anthias trio you stole from my in that sale...darn you are quick!

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped by to see Adam at Artfully Acrylic today, tank is almost done with all the details. Looks like it will be worth the wait. All the black trim is installed.

It looks like it will be a beautiful tank.

Thanks Dave W !, I hope it works out the way I am planning.

I can't wait to see this one filled!

Well that would start by me getting it home. Unless you are filling to test it.

Picked up tank from Adam last night and it is in my garage. Now I just have to get it in the basement. That is a whole other game.

Picked up tank from Adam last night and it is in my garage. Now I just have to get it in the basement. That is a whole other game.

Go man go!

COME ON MANNN!!! dragging your feet? :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: LMK if you require assistance.

Go man go!

OMG I could see you with Ponytails and Pom Poms!!!!! :huh:  :wacko:  :huh:

It is all wrapped in plastic and I just bought foam pipe insulation that I am going to attach to all the corner surfaces. Railing is coming down, so are the light fixtures on the ceiling. 4 man crew, and this is getting done today!!!!!!!

Looks like rain tomorrow which means my carpentry crew may not be able to work on the project they are on outside. So we might be ripping down the wall and framing the stand tomorrow. I need to get this thing out of the garage spot it is in. My other hobby is coming home Sat. from the shop and it has to be kept indoors, no top.