DuffyGeos 300g DT & 8 TANK FISH ROOM

This is the right side wall where the display tank will be cut through the wall. 4 outlets on the left with their own switches, and 4 outlets on the right with their own switches.

gallery_2633915_1398_127832.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

This is the front wall or the wall where the sink is located.  Refrigerator will be on the left with a plug below the counter, sink in the middle with the drain pipe, right of the sink is an open space below the counter for a possible stool. Outlets in the wall will also be above the counter. Switches at the far right are right there when you walk in the door to turn on ceiling lights.

RODI unit is temporarily mounted on the wall (and sitting on the floor), but will be above the sink when it is done.

gallery_2633915_1398_17166.jpg

Edited by DuffyGeos

(edited)

Got to run, but here is a sneak peak of the completed stained concrete floor. I think it was worth the wait, I love it. Even has a few "fossils" in the floor. What is a fish room with out some suttle fish stuff.

Water just beads on the sealant. We also added some grit so it is not slippery.

gallery_2633915_1398_47749.jpg

Edited by DuffyGeos

fantastic update sir - keep it coming!

Thank you Marco!  More to come tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you in advance,

Your abacus using reefer

Sorry, first time phone user, this had me cracking up! Awesome updates, love the shuttle fossil work, you're doing this right, man!

Nicely coming along..though a bit slow.. One thing you forgot in your planning...Where does the cash register go? :)

Sorry, first time phone user, this had me cracking up! Awesome updates, love the shuttle fossil work, you're doing this right, man!

I look down at the floor every time I walk in and get a little smile on my face....so must be worth it.

I still don't know how to get the attached pics from my Gmail account (that Adam sent of the tank) on to this thread. Once someone explains to me step by step (Posting Pics for Dummies)...really I am that bad with computer stuff, my wife gets the pics from my camera into my gallery, and I can now do the rest. The problem I am having is that she does not know about the new tank.....oh...did I just write that?  All she knows about is the 180g in the garage and the other 13 empty tanks in the basement. I guess she will find out soon enough. She will love it!!!  So this is why I can't get her to post the pics. It will be better when she just sees it in person.

So if you want to see the 7 pics of the tank (just looked at them again, boy is it pretty!). Help Me Help You see them! (I am channeling a little Jerry Maguire there!).

Nicely coming along..though a bit slow.. One thing you forgot in your planning...Where does the cash register go? :)

I am just practicing for reefing...slow and steady...stay the course.

Jack, Jack, Jack........didn't you every learn that a cash register is for storing money when it comes into a business......I am a consumer.....it is all going out! Don't tell me you make money on your reef!

Except for the printing press I have that is doing a great job of coping those $100 dollar bills. That new security thread is a bit tough, but I have my 93 year old Grandma sewing them in so it is all good.

Coming a line very nice man!

Thank you Motti! Just let me know when I can do Alpha testing on that new computer monitoring system of yours!  My AMEX # is ........................ (it's coded your should be able to figure it out). Expiration is 4/16

So here are the rest of the "fossils" in the floor. I would love a sea turtle in my new tank..for about a week. If you ever go to the Caymen Islands they have the coolest turtle farm where they raise turtles to be released back into the ocean. Yes some also end up as turtle soup....They have to pay the bills somehow!

gallery_2633915_1398_57343.jpg

Not sure what type of Angelfish this is, I think it is fresh, but still the best darn looking Angelfish as far as stencils go!...just an exquisite specimen!

gallery_2633915_1398_107235.jpg

And any building project has to take into consideration the proportions of the fabled Nautilus. Greece and Italy would not look the way they do if it weren't for this little mollusk and the golden ratio!

gallery_2633915_1398_13427.jpg

So here we have the finished floor. Pic is with my back to the sink area. The green board will not be painted green so no comments about the clash of colors at the moment.

gallery_2633915_1398_32082.jpg

This pic is looking at the sink area.  Had to bring a trashcan back in to make some RODI......I do not miss hauling 5g jugs.

gallery_2633915_1398_112222.jpg

Me like. :)

Hold off! you can like when I am done posting! :laugh:

And the final floor view goes into the closet area under the stairs. I even added a light under the landing to make sure I could see everything. Now I can add the door to the closet and the strip drain. Can in the closet is there to catch the overflow from my skimmer upstairs.

gallery_2633915_1398_101995.jpg

we gotta get you to post up in one post like normal folk, haha. this 100 updates in my email is killing me sir :tongue:

Sorry Marco, this is all I know.......Darn there goes another post!!   Feel free to give me a clue on how to do it all in one post. You can PM me so I don't add another post. Sorry, still learning.

Sorry Marco, this is all I know.......Darn there goes another post!!   Feel free to give me a clue on how to do it all in one post. You can PM me so I don't add another post. Sorry, still learning.

haha, no worries. just razzing you a bit i guess. but instead of posting a new reply every time just put all the content into one and post. so copy your photos and text into one long single reply and then post.

it's your thread, sir. you can do as you please i was really just making a request but i can just unsubscribe if i really wanted to but you got some great updates!