WP40 failure

zygote2k

Last year when the first or second group buy of WP 40's was on, I purchased a few of them. I serviced a tank that had one of those and the WP40 has failed. It only works on high speed setting and that setting is only allowing it to spin very slowly.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix these pumps?

I don't have any info to help you unfortunately, but what would you estimate as the working life before failure? What were the settings?

No good advice, but I can say that I've been waiting to see a post like this, and this is the first.

If you have a multimeter you could check the output of the controller to make sure it's putting out 24V on one of the pins and 5V on the other (if it's on the high setting).  Might help narrow down if it's a pump or controller problem.

Will give this a shot,

should the controller run full power with out the light sensor...i just thought that is what was faulty...i took it out and it did the same thing...was gonna head to radio shack for a new sensor but havent had time yet.

No good advice, but I can say that I've been waiting to see a post like this, and this is the first.

You and me both.  This is why I still have a VorTech pump instead of two Jebao's.  Ecotech is a quick phone call if I need something.

Send it in to EcoTech……they'll take care of you.

The OP is referring to a WP40 made by Jebao.

Did the pump work at first? Or did it come out of the box like that? I had a wp25 that swimmatte "borrowed" that didn't work in wave 1 because it would just turn off when stopped.

x1000

thats why you buy local

Always good to see people taking care of people. 

You and me both.  This is why I still have a VorTech pump instead of two Jebao's.  Ecotech is a quick phone call if I need something.

:-)  I on the other hand went with 2 Jebao's and sold my Ecotech.  Jebaos still ticking and my pockets thank me everyday.

The OP is referring to a WP40 made by Jebao.

Ohhhhhhh........my mistake!

Always good to see people taking care of people. 

:-)  I on the other hand went with 2 Jebao's and sold my Ecotech.  Jebaos still ticking and my pockets thank me everyday.

Yeah, but how long have you had your JB's to claim they are "still ticking?" They have yet to stand the test of time.

I'm there with you, sold my MP's and switched. Kept one MP just in case.

Rob,

Sounds like the controller.

Pm me your address I'll get you a new controller in the mail

You're the man.

Thanks for the report, Rob. And thanks for the great customer service, ERC.

Stuffs gonna fail. New stuff, often more so. Customer service makes a difference. I had two Vortechs fail a few years back when they were starting out. The failure was kinda common then and they were working the kinks out of the design.

Reports like this help us all track performance, improvements, and customer service.

Sent from my LG G-Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition