Another LFS CLOSING!!

flooddc

He has said they might close in the past.... but I think they are actually closing this time...he sent out mass email to everyone on the list....

theyve done this like 3 times. 

theyve done this like 3 times. 

they're really gone this time.  i was there last weekend, and everything was getting torn down and sold. 

It's a shame when any one of them goes out of business.

Aquatic Obsession was also known as The Cozy Clownfish. They were a sponsor here a couple of years ago, but were unable to continue, hence the absence.

they're really gone this time.  i was there last weekend, and everything was getting torn down and sold. 

Anything of note still left based on your last visit?

It's a shame when any one of them goes out of business.

Aquatic Obsession was also known as The Cozy Clownfish. They were a sponsor here a couple of years ago, but were unable to continue, hence the absence.

It is a shame!

I like it when there are more LFS, that way they are more competitive as well as providing better customer services.

Anything of note still left based on your last visit?

nah, unless you have freshwater stuff. and the going out of business sale isnt really the price you're expecting, it's like 20-30 off.  you'll have to barter.

Dang, bartering to get more than 30% off when they are losing their livelihood.  That's kinda a low blow.

I think it's best when shopping to either offer what someone is asking or not offer at all.  The only time lowballing is ok is if they specifiy OBO.

Well, it's hard to build a customer base when the owner treats his customers like $h1t.  I stopped going there when Steve Velasco left.  They still owe me money.

good riddance..

Well, it's hard to build a customer base when the owner treats his customers like $h1t.  I stopped going there when Steve Velasco left.  They still owe me money.

good riddance..

And, of course, Steve's over at Incredible Corals now. In fact, that's his screen name.

good riddance..

+1 on this.  I used to stop by there 2x a week (thursdays and fridays) and even tried to give him business in the high priced frozen food market segment.  I stopped going when he repeatedly told me that he had something on order for me and it never showed up.  His lack of attention  to his client base, coupled with the fact that he doesn't know a good customer when he sees one has certainly led to his demise.  I honestly can't really say that I'm sorry except to ensure that we have a competitive marketplace.

I think some of the recent LFS closings are directly related to the new crop of MUCH BETTER LFS's. If the competition outcompete's you, well, you aren't going to last long.

I for one am thrilled at the fairly recent opening of both Incredible corals and Quantum Reefs. They are both high end awesome stores with great selection, great customer service and really helpful people.

Out with the bad, in with the Awesome!