135 Gallon Frag/Holding tank Cracked!!!!!!

DCReefer1964

Well my wife woke me up to ask me why the tank in tha garage was making this rushing water sound. I rushed to see what the issue was and low and behold. That small chip in the bottom corner turned into a long crack :cry: . Niagara Falls in the garage. I managed to move all my colonies and frags to a 2 40 breeders. I am at a loss at what to do next. With no tank to replace on hand and no real monies to buy one :why: I have (2) 100 gallon Rubbermaids out side at 20 degrees. 

get the rubbermaids in the house  so they can warm up. and start making water...or have a frag sale  :rolleyes:

i have a 40b you can have, but it is drilled in 3 spots and we would have to meet somewhere if you wanted it. 

Edited by GaryL

That's horrible!

I have an extra 250w heater and a couple 750 and 1100 evos your more than welcome to borrow if you find yourself out in the manassas/gainesville area. Momma won't let me go anywhere right now

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just need a little sleep. Thanks WAMAS family

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

You're lucky you have the bins on had. Bring one in and fill it with as much water as you can. It may be cold but will probably only drop the water 1-2 degrees. Start making water. Use some water from the main tank too if needed while you make new water. You don't need to fill the entire rubbermaid up. Just make sure the frags are submerged. Go to HD and get some eggcrate if you need to make shorter frag racks. Drop a power head in and you can limp along for a a day or so while you figure out next steps.

You'll be fine. You know what you need to do. You're just too is shock right now to think!

Sorry to hear about tank break...its not something i like to deal with either,and i have smaller tanks(bc 14 and spec v) i hate the stress and the mess generated...hope all turns out ok...and u definately want to warm the bins before u use(they could fail otherwise due to brittleness when cold) but thank goodness u had them on hand...

I just picked up 2 10 gallon tanks (for QT/hospital) at Petco for the 1 dollar a gallon sale.  They don't sell the 135 gallon that you lost there, but I believe you could at least get a 55 gallon for 55 bucks.  The Petco in Rockville is where I got my 10 gallon ones from.

Thanks all. Dave your right. Luckily I had just did a 70 gallons water change over the last week to insure all parameters where in range to put the Calcium Reactor online. Just washed the Vat in vinegar and peroxide. Will fill with 70 gallons and warm to temp while I run to HD wish they sold black. LOL NEED to get a 120 stand quick had planned on steel.

Godspeed Sir, sorry to hear about your troubles, but sounds like you got a good back.up storage tank, and a plan for the next steps... Hope everything goes smooth, easy, and fast, for the rest of this stressful process...

I know I'm a ways away but I've got two old 55 gal tank you can use till you get straight

Thanks all. Dave your right. Luckily I had just did a 70 gallons water change over the last week to insure all parameters where in range to put the Calcium Reactor online. Just washed the Vat in vinegar and peroxide. Will fill with 70 gallons and warm to temp while I run to HD wish they sold black. LOL NEED to get a 120 stand quick had planned on steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cinderblocks can be used for a makeshift stand in a pinch

Edited by sen5241b

Moving along look what I found in the stash. For got had eggcrate in tank.LOOK stressed Posted Image

nice work sir. let me know if you need anything to keep things moving longer term if necessary.

Thank You Sir