Anyone make their own skimmer stand?

miggs76

Trying to raise up my skimmer by a few inches.  I have egg crate, but was wondering if anyone made a stand on their own, and if so what did you use?

I had a very technical install at my house and when Dan brought me my skimmer, he built my stand.  It was very complex and difficult to build, but it looks an awful lot like an inverted 5 gallon bucket with holes drilled in it.

That said, at work we use a lot of fibergrate to build stands, but also resort to whatever is easiest and this means I have seen a number of buckets used in exhibitry construction in lieu of much more expensive fibergrate.

tractor supply has a lot of great milk crates and also containers and such that are sturdy and strong in all different sizes...my skimmer is on a milk crate from there as well but its an external skimmer so i didn't need to cut it down on anything.. they are very strong,  (like old school crates...not that crap they sell at target for dorm rooms or even in HD) and they are less expensive

Am using a milk crate in my sump for the skimmer to sit on

I cut down milk crate also.

Same here.

I used PVC and glued egg crate on top.

Sometimes I hire "little people" or make my kids hold my skimmer up.  If it's an in sump model, I provide a snorkel.

Mermaid pictures please....and mermen also I am assuming...

also...mer-little people pictures too...though I am Not sure if they are considered unionized when they don't work for Disney so I'm not sure if you are allowed to take their pictures when they are working for you?