Snowflake? Or not

Duke

So I picked this guy up for $15 at a local Petco

Is this guy a snowflake?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:/ bummer. I was really hoping for snowflakes.

Guess I'll just take it… and go

I will take him for $15 if you dont want it.. :tongue:

I already gave him a name and grew quite fond of him.

Snowflake or not… well we already established that; not. He's staying with me.

• 1 month later...

Posted Image

Sad ending for the little guy. Found him right beside the tank on top of my top off container.

Don't understand why he had jumped.

He was such a peaceful one.

It happens unfortunately. Someone may have been bullying him into a corner at night.   Easy Come, Easy Go.... right?? Lol. Nonetheless, Sorry to hear my friend.

Edited by TheyCallMeMr.703

Fish jump, sorry to hear. My clowns jumped all the time when they were smaller. Since my nem, I don't think they have moved more than 12" from it, in any direction. Consider a top?

Not to hijack this thread, but what do reefers do who put net covers on their tanks, but have overflows?

Not to hijack this thread, but what do reefers do who put net covers on their tanks, but have overflows?

I can't speak for everyone, but on my tanks with overflows I made the screen covers a little "short" and then cut down some eggcrate to fill in the gap. Seems to work pretty well.

what overflow do you know of that projects above the tank trim where a screen top would sit?

My return pops over a bit.

You can either just cut a hole in the netting for something that pops up or build the frame around something that is on the edge of the tank and would prevent the frame from sitting on the edge of the tank in a location. In my tank I have a hole cut in the netting so that the feeding tube for my seahorses fits through.

Edited by Matt LeBaron

Darn was hoping to see this little one grow. I think they sometimes think the grass is greener on the other side of the tank. Unless you have a nem it appears its as addictive as crack.

Thanks for all the advices all.

My first lost was my yellow watchmen goby. After putting him in my 125. I've only seen him at night and he's easy always shooting for the surface. After that I haven't seen him anymore. That was over a month ago. I looked everywhere for him, overflow, filter socks, floor. I'm assuming he's off to a better place.

The clownfish that jumped, he would always hangout by the powerhead, never once did I see him wonder off to explore the tank. Only fish tank mates were, a yellow tang, a blue hippo tang and a maroon clownfish. I know what you all are thinking, but the maroon was not aggressive towards the Picasso.

I'm going to give this another shot.

I got a snowflake(an actually one this time!)

A black and orange mixed clown.

And a RBTA

They've been in for 12 hours or so and they haven't touched the anemone.

Apparently crack is not for them, but maybe that's a time thing. Hopefully they'll fall to the dark side like all good clownfish.Posted Image

Posted Image

And then he moved…

Posted Image

Thanks for all the advices all.

My first lost was my yellow watchmen goby. After putting him in my 125. I've only seen him at night and he's easy always shooting for the surface. After that I haven't seen him anymore. That was over a month ago. I looked everywhere for him, overflow, filter socks, floor. I'm assuming he's off to a better place.

The clownfish that jumped, he would always hangout by the powerhead, never once did I see him wonder off to explore the tank. Only fish tank mates were, a yellow tang, a blue hippo tang and a maroon clownfish. I know what you all are thinking, but the maroon was not aggressive towards the Picasso.

I'm going to give this another shot.

I got a snowflake(an actually one this time!)

A black and orange mixed clown.

And a RBTA

They've been in for 12 hours or so and they haven't touched the anemone.

Apparently crack is not for them, but maybe that's a time thing. Hopefully they'll fall to the dark side like all good clownfish.ajamevud.jpg

a6e6asuq.jpg

And then he moved…

a5u4e8ym.jpg

It will take some time for the nem to find its home. Sadly mine decided to attach itself to my firefish/chromis/coris wrasses home. Oh well survival of the fittest.

Well, this didn't take long. Not exactly what I had in mind either. Maybe I'll get another bta for the smaller clowns to host since the maroon is hosting the one I got for them originally.

Posted Image