Orion's Deep Blue 57 Gallon Rimless

Orion

When you mount the fans, you could try some rubber grommets between the fan and the stand. That will decrease the amount of fan noise transmission into the stand.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you mount the fans, you could try some rubber grommets between the fan and the stand. That will decrease the amount of fan noise transmission into the stand.

Great idea. I also checked the return pump, and it does have rubber legs to dampen any vibrations.

Aquascaping idea #1

Posted Image

I'll see what else I can come up with over the next few days.

My vote goes for number two. Although I like number one. I would just off center that middle section to the right, maybe at a bit more of an angle.

As you can tell I am digging the two mountains...

This rock is very easy to work with. Unfortunately since it is now live rock I have a time limit when I take it out of the water. So I can only mess around with it for so long before I put it back in.

I like #3 out of your options because it has the most horizontal (or as close to horizontal as possible) surfaces for placing corals thanks to the "bridge" between the 2 mountains. The others look very nice too but most of your corals will be place along extreme slopes, which is okay, I suppose.

In #3 is it possible to take the center rock and set it on top of the two rocks on either side of it to create a tunnel/bridge through the middle? I think that would look good. I agree with howaboutme regarding coral placement.

#1 with only the right rock. Then in the empty space on the left, a torch on small rock to slightly raise it, with a huge zoa garden underneath.

#3 is what I like. I might try to spin the lower rock on the left a little to make a small tunnel/overhang. All of it looks good though. You'll never be able to replicate it anyway! lol :laugh:

And that's probably a good thing. I bet you end up with something you like even better when you go to do it "for real" :)

Thanks for the input all. I have more ideas, but that'll be it for aquascaping until the tank is ready to be filled. :)

I picked up paint for the stand, and PVC supplies today. I may pick up a storage ottoman this weekend to put next to the tank. Depends if I have time. My plan is to put all of the electrical items (apex, ups, eb8) inside of the ottoman. Thanks to BowieReefer for the idea.

This will free up even more room inside the stand for dosing, and the ATO. It's safer this way too.

Items I still need to get for the build are lights, ATO container, and heaters. Waiting to see if there will be any Black Friday deals for the items I want.

For lighting I am thinking the 27" Maxspect Razor, and for heaters two 125w Eheim's.

I was considering getting another Radion, but the idea of having only one fixture is huge to me.

Not too much to update from the weekend.  

After a few more trips to a couple of hardware stores I finally have all the plumbing supplies I need except for black vinyl tubing.  Everyone has clear, but no black. I decided to make plumbing easier, and to just use vinyl tubing for the return.  Placed an order online for some black tubing. Should be here by the end of the week, or early next week.  No rush.

While I was at a hardware store I bought some window screen frame to make a screen top.  I hate the thought of having a screen top on a rimless tank, but if I am going to keep this Jawfish ill need it.  Also bought a GFCI to replace the outlet I will be using - Safety first.

Stand is currently being built.  Hopefully work doesn't get in the way, and I can still get it delivered on Friday.  No black friday shopping for me... just painting!

Ottoman was purchased.  Fits perfectly where I wanted it to go, and it will hold all the electrical.  Will have to drill a couple of small holes underneath it with a hole saw so the wires can fit.

Next up -

Start painting the stand when it arrives.  Once it is dry I can plumb it up, let the glue cure, do a leak check, drain, and then move the tank to its location inside.  I figure it will be best to do the leak check in the garage rather than inside the home.  I will have a couple of unions on the 1 1/2" PVC so I can easily disconnect the plumbing, and move the tank. 

As of right now I probably won't be able to fill it up for a couple more weeks.

Final items ordered.

Lights - Maxspect Razor R420r 160w 27" 16K

Heaters - two Eheim Jagr 125W

Other "extra" items ordered from the sales this weekend -

BRS single GFO / Carbon reactor.

2 BRS 1.1ml dosing pumps. - I'm still planning on using kalkwasser to start. Couldn't pass up on the price.

Filter Sock Mount with 3 filter socks. - Going to install a filter sock mount anyway. Origami and Shoelace convinced me.

Additional EB8 for the Apex.

• 2 weeks later...

The Goods from Black Friday Sales

Maxspect 27" Razor

Posted Image

BRS Single Reactor

Posted Image

Filter Sock & Mount

Posted Image

Heaters

Posted Image

Plumbing Parts

Posted Image

The stand is gorgeous.

Thanks! I can't wait to get it delivered and see it in person. The stand was made by corsi1330.