what a $475 BTA looks like...

monkiboy

...after USPS is done with it:

ae065328-f8e2-49b5-bd33-ddbb6d52b073_zps

9fa4735b-85af-444c-b6c3-b447f77a6c08_zps

it was shipped friday morning via USPS next day air for saturday delivery guaranteed by 12pm. it arrived today, wednesday, @ 2pm.

i went through hours of "customer service", discovery reports to try to find the darn package to see if i could have it returned to sender to save the specimen (nope), 20 minutes each freaking time you call just to talk to a real person, and still no answers. what a waste. was hoping to add to the BTA lineup for cloning to share with the rest of the WAMAS crew at less than half of my investment but nope never again. not with USPS, anyway.

just needed a cathartic post to release. thank you.  

exactly why USPS is eventually going to go out of business and not be missed at all.. I hate them, they are horrible. They cant get envelopes right, why do we expect them to accomplish anything else.  Very sorry for your loss, unfortunately not the first one of these Ive seen about USPS..

Can we see what you were supposed to get.?

Always ship fed ex and pk up at one of there places in the morn.......

I have a mailman that is so bad he cant even go 1 week without

giving me the neighbors mail.

He old and completely unable to do his job it got so bad at christmas

last year they gave him a helper and we still got the mail late at night.

Me and my neighbers have tried to find someone in charge to complain to

and it appears next to impossible.

This is my USPS it is a nightmare........There overnight would scare me.

+1. Have the shipper check the box to pick up at a Fed Ex facility and have them ship to your name c/o the FedEx or FedEx Office (formerly Kinko's) location address. They'll generally have it by 10 AM or so in the morning (mine gets the delivery before 8 AM). In my case, there's a FedEx Office less than a block away from my office, so it's really convenient for something that you need fast or for livestock.

So sorry. That has to be incredibly frustrating...and sounds like it has been for days.

you got that right! i got over it about 10 minutes ago and have let it go  Zen_Smiley_by_thejagman22.gif

exactly why USPS is eventually going to go out of business and not be missed at all.. I hate them, they are horrible. They cant get envelopes right, why do we expect them to accomplish anything else.  Very sorry for your loss, unfortunately not the first one of these Ive seen about USPS..

Can we see what you were supposed to get.?

don't have the images anymore, sorry.

Ouch. Sorry, Marco.

thanks, tom.

Sorry man! shipper should have use UPS for time sensitive live stock. 

thanks, chuck. live and learn.

You are reimbursed, right? Either way, shame about the nem.

it's a trusted collector and wholesaler and they are doing right by me. yes, a shame indeed.

BTA is a...?

Edit: I'm assuming thats a Bubble Tip Anemone. darn I'd be livid right now. Hopefully the company refunds you.

indeed, a bubble tip anemone. there was a recent thread by joshifer where i linked to a bunch of reefing acronym lists. check it out and bookmark it so it's easy to reference.

I have a mailman that is so bad he cant even go 1 week without

giving me the neighbors mail.

He old and completely unable to do his job it got so bad at christmas

last year they gave him a helper and we still got the mail late at night.

Me and my neighbers have tried to find someone in charge to complain to

and it appears next to impossible.

This is my USPS it is a nightmare........There overnight would scare me.

yes, i normally do this for fedex and ups but saturday delivery has been problematic on the shipper's side using those carriers so they opted for usps unfortunate for me.

+1. Have the shipper check the box to pick up at a Fed Ex facility and have them ship to your name c/o the FedEx or FedEx Office (formerly Kinko's) location address. They'll generally have it by 10 AM or so in the morning (mine gets the delivery before 8 AM). In my case, there's a FedEx Office less than a block away from my office, so it's really convenient for something that you need fast or for livestock.

exactly the way to do it and it always hits there early and it's in and not out in the elements on the streets in a box truck or on your porch.

lol, sucks.

what do you find noteworthy to laugh about? yes, it did suck.

ouch that stinks man sorry to hear

thanks, jacob. bigger and better things around the corner though ;)

what do you find noteworthy to laugh about? yes, it did suck.

My friend at Petco, once Ordered me a Wrasse from their supplier... Upon arrival, It was the Only one in there that was Almost dead, and covered in Ich...

Just reminded me of that. Hence', lol, Why I have never got any livestock online since. " My Luck " lol

Nonetheless, Sorry to hear tho', and hope all else is all on your end.

Edited by TheyCallMeMr.703

Sorry about your loss Sir. Maybe the one I have waiting for you will help cheer you up a little.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Sorry about your loss Sir. Maybe the one I have waiting for you will help cheer you up a little.

sir, you must be allergic to text messages - hit me back!

Ah man what a shame. I would have loved to seen that one flourish. 

yeah i know! me too! there are and will be many more!

Man, I thought my $80 fish shipment was bad (1 dead, 2 stressed). Sorry for the loss buddy. 

USPS strikes again...

thanks, i need to make a tshirt with that and a postal worker sleeping in a lawn chair or something...

how's it smell?

:blink:

even the box sealed and the nem triple bagged i smelled it from a foot away. to take those photos i held my breath, actually.

I bought some corals from someone in Pennsylvania who shipped overnight USPS.  I got the box which had holes in it and was soaking wet.  Needless to say half of the corals were dead.  Luckily the shipper worked with me and gave me a replacement but this time we used FedEx.  I'll never use USPS to ship anything important again.