New to DC, back in hobby

abrink

Hey there!

I just moved to DC for law school.  I am from Colorado and did my undergrad in Wyoming.  I had several saltwater tanks, ranging from nano to a 75g.  I miss the hobby and am looking to get back into it.

That said- trying not to spend the kind of money that I used to with my big tank.  <edited>

Thanks!

Edited by Origami
FS/WTB is a member benefit

Best $20 you will spend in this hobby is to join this club. You will then have access to the sale/WTB forum and will receive incredible deals from your fellow reefers.

Welcome to the area and we look forward to getting to know you!

Welcome!  As others have said, it would be well worth it to spend the $20 and become a full member.  You'll save far more than that when you find the tank you want, or any supplies, fish, coral, etc..

Hi and welcome. We have an active and thriving community of hobbyists here at WAMAS with over 2,400 forum members and over 600 full members. Full membership will give you access to our For Sale / Want To Buy / Trade and other forums, which include group buys, auctions, and others. If you click on the link in my signature, you'll find out more. (I had to edit your initial post to remove the solicitation aspect because you cannot solicit outside of the FS forum.) Anyway, as mentioned here by others, the benefits of membership far outweigh the nickel-a-day cost of membership. Consider joining and I know that you'll very rapidly come to the same conclusion.

Welcome to WAMAS! If you want to save money on the next setup you should join as a full member. I think most will agree they get that money back quickly with the savings on used equipment in the member's only area and 10% vendor discounts.

Welcome.  While I live out in Vienna I work @ foggy bottom - and have a tank in my office @ work.  Let me know if there's something I can do to help (free DI/RO is always available if you can carry, for example).  cheers, David

Thanks everyone!  I am set up with a 14g biocube with metal halides

Cant afford fish or corals yet on my budget but will post pictures as things get going

Welcome to the area...you'll appreciate our winters sometimes compared to colo/wyo.area... The wamas membership will the best $ youve spent..8)