$4000 fish!

kjamaya

If a fish comes up from that deep, how is the environment matched in most enthusiasts aquariums? Isn't that like taking a bald eagle and putting it in an underground bunker? I'd be terrified of it dying!

(edited)

Did you see the ....... "Poisonous When Stressed or Dies" part ? It may cost a lot more than $4000 !

I can see it now .... new post ..... Major tank crash..... My $4000 fish died and now so did my Gem tang and ..... !!

Edited by mling

(edited)

If a fish comes up from that deep, how is the environment matched in most enthusiasts aquariums?

folks will have a separate tank/system for deep water fishies. keep it cooler around 66-68° and dimly lit with some blues and you're set. it's a nice change of pace.

Edited by monkiboy

Whatever the case is I don't know why anyone would drop 4K on a fish... Unless, you live in Dubai and drive around town in that 14K white gold eco friendly Mercedes Benz..... :laugh:

Honestly, it all depends on your means and what makes you happy. Some would question the sanity of paying $50 for a 1" colored stick as well or spending countless hours and dollars setting up a reef :)

(edited)

the show with the submarine capturing aquarium fish was "Fishtank Kings"

Thanks!

Edited by kjamaya

the show with the submarine capturing aquarium fish was "Fishtank Kings"

Yeah that's where I watched it. For some reason I was thinking it was Jeff Corwin.

i have a school of these in my nano....they do fine at 200 degrees for about 4.5 min wtih a little salt/pepper/montreal steak.....chutney on the side to mask the poison.