Two tanks, One room

YHSublime

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. sweet dude. yeah the superman is legit but evan's blue and purple has me :blink: ... good photos too!

It get's a lot of attention, and it seems to be a fast grower, can't complain about that.

Thanks, got a bit mixed up, I apparently tried to put more than I'm allowed at once. In the process everything is out of order. Oh well, just playing with the camera!

Isaac, the color on these is absolutely wicked. Sweet stuff!

Thanks, Tom! Everything is starting to come around. Really looking forward to my new Tamron 90mm Macro, should be able to get some real nice shots. Everything so far has been using a stock Nikon lens, which gets the job done.

Frags look great Isaac, rainbow really looks good!!

It's done a 180, and growing quick! Everything from your tank is creme de la creme!

You have come a long way in a short time young man. Looking good.

Lots of help, amigo! I appreciate the words.

The corals are looking good. What coral are you putting in place for your missing birdsnest?

I'm going to use all the SPS on my frag racks, and then add a couple of gorgonia's around the tank for some difference in height. I will do a FTS once I get my bubble algae under control, if ever.

Wow Isaac, such colors, beautiful!

Thanks so much! Just waiting for it to grow, which is the hardest part!

Feeding time:

DSC_0480_zpsca8830aa.jpg

Think the skimmer (knock on wood) is running smoothly now. Took the plumbing from flowing back into the water, dropped it right above instead, suggestion from Tom. Think it was trapping air, causing the water level to rise.

DSC_0481_zpseaa26d9a.jpg

DSC_0469_zps44440b20.jpg

DSC_0468_zpsa8eef808.jpg

DSC_0463_zps308ad351.jpg

DSC_0443_zpsaa578137.jpg

DSC_0442_zps4c6fa596.jpg

DSC_0434_zps6422fbd8.jpg

DSC_0433_zps0c27feb2.jpg

DSC_0432_zpsb5d05635.jpg

DSC_0431_zpsd92f6f8d.jpg

DSC_0430_zps07ed0e6b.jpg

DSC_0429_zps47df25e8.jpg

DSC_0420_zpsc4af149f.jpg

DSC_0413_zps28554ffc.jpg

Beautiful tank...how's Ruperts new home coming along?

Thanks.

<sigh> Very slowly.

Thanks.

<sigh> Very slowly.

Awwww, ordered mine last week, should be here Weds, keep you fingers crossed it arrives in perfect shape, from what I've read online, I have a 50/50 shot.  I also just moved the cabinet I found in my basement into place today.  Hoping to have it wet by March 1st.  Come on Isaac, get moving on that build!   :clap:  :clap:

Looking great. Glad to hear that skimmer is working better. 

What would we do without Tom? 

I am thrilled. Now of course it's really loud, hence why I plumbed it into the water in the first place. I think I will try your filter sock idea.

i hope we never ever have to find out....

Ain't no lie.

Awwww, ordered mine last week, should be here Weds, keep you fingers crossed it arrives in perfect shape, from what I've read online, I have a 50/50 shot.  I also just moved the cabinet I found in my basement into place today.  Hoping to have it wet by March 1st.  Come on Isaac, get moving on that build!   :clap:  :clap:

I hope it comes in perfect! March first is right around the corner, my goal will to hopefully be done by then :)

What camera are you using to take pictures? They look great, and so does your tank.

Well, Loni got me motivated, just popped my drilling cherry:

Posted Image

nice - did you take into consideration the upper trim? doesn't look like any room for a bulkhead nut. are you going to install the bulkhead reversed?

Didn't take a lot into consideration. There was a tiny hole drilled for a float switch, and I drilled right on the corner of it. Guess will have to wait and see what I do through this learning experience.

Sweet tank dude. Appreciate the hospitality and generosity. I'll see if we can nurse these trees back to health!

Thanks man, no worries on both fronts. I hope you can fix them up, let me know how the fixture works out.

Nice job on drilling the tank! You might have to cut a little of the outer trim away to get the bulkhead to seat flush. The good this is that it is up high so not much pressure on it.