Aquarium One

NYfan78

They have given me a discount there before when I show them my card. Like 10% but every little bit helps in this hobby.

They are not in the same class as sponsers that provide items for raffles at meetings but they do seem to accept the card at times. They gave me a discount when I bought a grouper from them last month. The price was right on with online prices.

Pristine Aquariums is kind of in the same group as they don't provide raffle item and that type of support but they do give a discount if you ask and show the card. It never hurts to ask.

Last time I asked, there were no discount! I supposed it's depends on who you ask! However, they do post promotions here once a while for WAMAS members.

Edited by flooddc

I've bought probably 75% of my livestock from Aquarium One (including my 72g tank setup). They give you back $5 for every $100 spent, I think. I basically get back $5 every time I go in since I have so many built up credits.

The best way to find out who are sponsors are is to look at the Vendor forums on the main forum page. You can also click on "Sponsors" in the ribbon at the top, but not every sponsor has submitted a banner for that page.

The discount listing is a pinned thread in the members-only Member Discussion forum. It includes information on known discounts from sponsors and non-sponsors alike. For example, there's a discount code there for Roberts Oxygen (a local source for CO2 used in calcium reactors).

I mentioned at Pristine Aquarium that I had joined WAMAS, and the guy behind the counter readily gave me a discount (he TOLD me about my WAMAS discounts!) After about a month of getting a discount, a new guy looked at me like I was stupid. I let him know that I had been recieving it, and he checked with the manager who OK'd it. He also said the owner was pretty serious about seeing the cards (I had switched to a billfold that week, so I showed him my payment e-mail from WAMAS. Still only saved me something like $2.00 in the end.

Once I get my RO/DI I plan to push most of my business through our supportive vendors, but it's nice to know that local non sponsoring vendor will honor and aknowledge a card they don't have ta'.

I was just wondering. Seems like a good place. Still need to stop by. I wish i lived closer to F&F i am 1 hour away uggg!

Aquarium One is a CMAS sponsor, but there is no discount for them either. I get $5 credits sometimes. If you are on their e-mail list, you will know about all the otherwise unadvertised weekend specials, some of which are VERY good deals and will save you more than a 10% discount would.

Aquarium One is a CMAS sponsor, but there is no discount for them either. I get $5 credits sometimes. If you are on their e-mail list, you will know about all the otherwise unadvertised weekend specials, some of which are VERY good deals and will save you more than a 10% discount would.

I agree, I just bought 2 occelaris clowns for $9.99 each, regularly $25 each. I always wait for that email and plan accordingly.

Wish there where more club sponsors here in MD!

Wish there were more fish stores in MD

Wish there were more fish stores in MD

+1

Mr Coral Retail was in Maryland, up in Frederick.

Since this topic started about Aquarium One, it's nice that they're expanding into more coral tubs. I'd like it if they had more equipment and stuff to just walk in and buy, but I understand why that's difficult for most stores, especially theirs which is small inside.

I think the challenge in Montgomery County is that any retail space is crazy expensive, but it almost has to be worse in NoVa.

Also, I don't understand how it's even possible for any fish stores to stay open and pay the rent, let alone generate enough income to pay personal bills. I just don't get the economics. You spend money to buy fish, try to get healthy ones, spend money maintaining the tanks and feeding them, try to keep them healthy until customers get them, then send them off to possibly be abused in who knows what kind of conditions in a customer's tank, and if they die because of something the customer did, the customer will come back to you and want it replaced. And all of that when clown fish are being sold for like $10 each. Where does the money get made? I don't get it.