Steve's 300 Build

STEVE

A couple of updates.....Marked the top of the stand for the overflows to go thru.

topcutoutmarking.png

Here it is done....

cutoutdone.png

I then masked off the back of the tank to be painted....

TankMask.jpg

Finished back of tank painted....

BackPainted.jpg

I then painted the top of stand....

TopPainted.jpg

Received a couple of things in the mail. Rock, Water Blaster 10,000, and a few Schedule 80 fittings.

Fittings.jpg

Waterblaster.jpg

RockBoxes.jpg

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting ready to put the tank on the stand for the first time in a couple of days, then the plumbing starts.

You should hog out the holes going into the the stand so it's much easier to work on the bulkheads when/if leaks develop or you need to do repairs. There's nothing worse than not enough room to get a pair of big channellocks on a pipe fitting that's in too small of a hole.

Wondering if you might have thought to build your filter sock arrangement like my 'drain box' sump intake to prevent all splashing and salt creep. It can be easily done.

Dave, I dont have a set date, just taking it slow, trying to make sure I think this out. Rob, I am working with Adam at Artfully Acrylic on the design of the filter socks...do you have a pic of what your thoughts are concerning the salt creep?

Little thread hijack here.

Rob, I'm getting ready to set up a tank in the near future, but you've obviously seen lots of them. How often do you have to mess with bulkheads like that? Does it make a difference if they're installed correctly? Was considering setting something up where I'd have little hope of getting access to the inside part of the bulkhead and was going to just try really hard to get it right so I wouldn't have to mess within ever.

ok....I have reached the point where I can put the tank on the stand.......I am looking for 4 people to help me lift the tank on the stand, I want to do this on this Sat. the 8th. I am open on the time....any takers, please let me know...keep in mind the tank weighs 475 lbs empty, so if you dont have a good back, your still more than welcome to come supervise. I am getting suction cups from Epleeds tonight.

Little thread hijack here.

Rob, I'm getting ready to set up a tank in the near future, but you've obviously seen lots of them. How often do you have to mess with bulkheads like that? Does it make a difference if they're installed correctly? Was considering setting something up where I'd have little hope of getting access to the inside part of the bulkhead and was going to just try really hard to get it right so I wouldn't have to mess within ever.

Every 5 years or so, I replace bulkheads.

Steve Outlaw- Can I meet you at Steves with Acans?

Other Steve- I can help out after 4pm with tank lift.

I can definitely come lend a hand on saturday....just let me know what time you're shooting for

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

How is 1pm on Sat? I think Eric is good for 1pm... Nbgen12, MBVett, and Muddy, will that work for you guys? Rob, I was trying to get it done earlier in the day, so depending on everyone's schedule....... Thanks for the volunteering guys, means alot ! I did get the suction cups from Eric last night, so we are good to go! Now let me throw this out there....tonight will also work for me to move the tank, is tonight better or stick with tomorrow???

I'd be happy to help, Steve, just to get a look at this bad boy. But I'll be out with the family finding, harvesting and readying our Christmas tree.

This evening wont be good for me but tomorrow at 1 will work great

SuctionCups.jpg

These are really nice suction cups! Thanks to WAMAS !

No problem Tom, I think you have help'd me out plenty!!! You know your welcome to come by anytime!

Nice cups. I found those online and Doug ordered them. I've never seen them other than the pictures. Let us know how they perform. Remember, they have a visual indicator of how much suction they're pulling. If they start to lose suction, have your helpers add a little more suction. They should work great, though, given how expensive they are!

How is 1pm on Sat? I think Eric is good for 1pm... Nbgen12, MBVett, and Muddy, will that work for you guys? Rob, I was trying to get it done earlier in the day, so depending on everyone's schedule....... Thanks for the volunteering guys, means alot ! I did get the suction cups from Eric last night, so we are good to go! Now let me throw this out there....tonight will also work for me to move the tank, is tonight better or stick with tomorrow???

Saturday at 1 works for me.

1:00 will be cutting it close for me. I go to temple in the morning and wont be back home till about 1230-1245 and probably couldnt get to manassas until 130-2

Im free all day so whatever works for everyone else

Muddy357, Nbgen12, Epleeds, Thanks! I will PM each of you my information, Again, Thanks for the help!