Steve's 300 Build

STEVE

1p should be good for me. i will call if i am running late. I hope Josh is coming too. He spends so much time there, he might as well help lift a tank..:)

Edited by epleeds

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No prob steve....ive still got your info from when you helped me out at the end of september, so i should be good to go.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone else.....As long as everyone shows up that has committed, we should be ok.... Me, my brother, Epleeds, Nbgen12, Muddy357...would like 1 more person, just in case. Josh cant lift anything, but I'm sure he will be supervising!

I might be able to make it Steve - have to work in the morning, but we might be done by noon and I could make it to your place by one (job is at Dulles Airport). I'll give you a shout tomorrow and let you know how my time is looking.

I might be able to make it Steve - have to work in the morning, but we might be done by noon and I could make it to your place by one (job is at Dulles Airport). I'll give you a shout tomorrow and let you know how my time is looking.

bring some domes with you if you are able to make it...

I thought about that after everyone left....sorry! Thanks to everyone that came to help!!! It was soooo easy to pick that tank up with 8 people, NO PROBLEM!!! Again, Thanks!

300fillingwithwater.jpg

This was the first fill with tap water, to check the level. Need to level it....it is about 1/4 inch off left to right. Will jump on some of the plumbing tomorrow.

LOL Rob......I'm leaning towards 3-400 watt MH's, but not 100% committed. It's either that or 12-16 T-5's, but really kicking around the MH's, just worried about the normal stuff with MH's, the heat....yes I could get a chiller, but the room is so small, I would just heat the room too, which in turn would mean some sort of evac fan...dont really want to the evac deal.

The 1/3 HP chiller I got was only $250 here on the boards. The seller had another available too. Turns on once a day for like 10 minutes. I doubt that makes a difference when it comes to my electric bill. It's small too. An easy add-on to completely negate the heat side effects of 400w MHs. I'd probably keep a chiller on my system from now on, even if I switched to T5s for the summer. When it comes to evergrows vs 400w MHs. Can you point out 1 nice sps tank with evergrows on it? No. Can you point out RC-TOTM-quality SPS tanks w/ 400w MHs over them? Sure, lots. To include one of my favorites, ridetheducati.

Steve - Come look at the 250w Radiums I have on my tank first. My tank is the same depth as yours and I'm growing SPS on the sandbed. Plus, mine is in a tiny little office and I only had a 2 degree shift. One little 8" computer fan and problem solved.

Steve- don't listen to Ryan. He couldn't grow anything with 2 Radions and now went back to conventional horse and buggy lighting. :blast: I'll let you borrow an Evergrow fixture and see if it meets your expectations.

Just because you didn't see an LED tank on RC TOTM doesn't mean that it isn't possible.

For those of us that have been in the hobby for 20+ years, this was the same argument that T5 users had vs. MH.

Oh Rob, will you shut up about LEDs vs MH vs T5! Let the boy pick what he wants.

No.

I will offer you the same. It will fit easily between the 2 MH's that you have.

I'll bet you will switch back in due time.

Oh Rob, will you shut up about LEDs vs MH vs T5! Let the boy pick what he wants.

Meh, who are we kidding. I may try 4 D120s over my tank and see what happens. I still don't change equipment as often as you change tanks though. Or have I passed you already? ;)

I'm leaning towards 3-400 watt MH's, but not 100% committed. It's either that or 12-16 T-5's, but really kicking around the MH's

I would try 3 - 250's. You can grow some nice stuff under them without the heat and electric issues as with the 400w. The 12-16 T5's would use just as much power and be way more costly to replace every year.