Steve's 300 Build

STEVE

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Steve, it was only a few months ago I was over there with Bob talkin about this...glad to see it come to life so soon.Lookin awesome..

Yea Billy, I was a little surprised myself....cant wait to see yours come together. Thanks everyone.

i like your stand. would you happen to have the measurements for the limber? What kind of lumber did you use? I am in the research phase of my stand build.

Update on the tank....I have started the cycle process, mounted the 3-MH's, added 4 Tunze 6105's, made screen tops (for all my tanks), took advantage of the Petco $ 1 per gallon sale and purchased 2-20gallon long quarantine tanks, made the stands for the QT's as well, got them up and running, complete with heaters and HOB filters.

Brightwell1_zps640d7cf2.jpg

QT1_zps11d0906a.jpg

lighting_zps895d14c8.png

.......Oh, I had to take a break for dinner !!!!

Steak1_zpseb41d887.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be receiving my initial shipment of fish to put in quarantine. 6 anthais, 4 yellow chromis and 1 tail spot blenny. They will be in QT for approx 6-7 weeks, I am thinking. Tony (ridethe ducati) is walking be thru the QT process, since I have never done this.

That is the plan Bob...I just added Dr Tims to the DT yesterday with some Ammonia Cloride....so I'm hoping for the best. QTing fish, I've never done before, so I am really thankful for Tony walking me thru this.

I plan on doing copper and a couple others depending on the situation.