The Looking Glass

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What steroids are they on.........I mean REALLY. That is just nuts. Another benefit to everyone else is that they are going to grow into each other, at this rate in a couple days, and you will have to start trimming. That means there should be a couple hundred frags coming out of the Looking Glass in the near future!!

Congrats....just beautiful.

wow really nice. Great job growing those colonies.

Appreciate the kind comments.  

The system is practically on auto-pilot requiring minimal input from the staff.  Recently made a few adjustments to my soluble carbon dosing regiment.  Currently dosing 20 ml of the vodka mix (1:1 vodka to vinegar) around the clock and 5 grams of KNO3 weekly.  

DSC_0019_zpsad4dd367.jpg

Nice, that's it for sure. Are the leds getting any blue out of the tips? When I switched to leds the blue went away mostly. And it started looking really pink and purple. :( looks like it's growing great, do you have s guess as to what species it is?

The growth pattern and coralites resembles a Tortuosa.  Its getting too much light (450 PAR).  The shaded parts of the base has a slight Green tint, body is Tan, coralites are light Purple, and the polyps are Blue.  I am going to frag it and place at the bottom (200 PAR).  

The growth pattern and coralites resembles a Tortuosa.  Its getting too much light (450 PAR).  The shaded parts of the base has a slight Green tint, body is Tan, coralites are light Purple, and the polyps are Blue.  I am going to frag it and place at the bottom (200 PAR).

Yea it resembles a tort but i haven't seen one grow like that yet.

I think fragging it for lower light would be a good idea to see what looks better. With 10k halides it gets neon bright blue tips and the body gets pink in it with the tan. The leds just make it more purple, hopefully lowering the light might help. I am experimenting on increasing my light and adding more white, hopefully bringing out more of its blue.

• 4 weeks later...

Let me know what you pick I have a D5200 and have looked at both those macros

Man..your corals just keep growing and growing and growing and growing and growing....:) Nice job!

Let me know what you pick I have a D5200 and have looked at both those macros

I started to get the D5200 but really want to learn how to manipulate light first.  All my shoots are in manual.

Love. loVE. LOVE that Blueface. So much.