Mike's 115gal tank

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't decide what kind of water to use... nsw, tap, ro, rodi... Just can't make a decision...

At least if you don't put water in it, you won't need to worry about how your going to light it. hahahah

biggrin.gif

At least if you don't put water in it, you won't need to worry about how your going to light it. hahahah

I have led's for lighting... lol2.gif

Edit - I really do have led's. I'll post some pictures soon.biggrin.gif

Edited by BowieReefer84

Can't decide what kind of water to use... nsw, tap, ro, rodi... Just can't make a decision...

LMAO... So funny....

Looking forard to some pics.. I know first hand it can take a long time to get a picture.

LED's for a fish only tank.....why not just go PC

Picked up a nice DIY a guy retrofitted into an old PC housing. 30 led's of different spectrums, and only cost me $50. Probably performs just as well as a $950 radium. haha

At some point I am sure a coral or two will find their way into the tank, and I can upgrade lights then. $50 is the cost of a couple T5's...

*@, for $50 i might try LED too. hahaha

Yea man, there are a lot of led guru's on here that really know their stuff. I really like this fixture for simplicity.

Here it is:

8018088385_8652c8720d_z.jpg

20120923_203629 by mteske1, on Flickr

8018088741_ddf697eedc_z.jpg

20120923_203619 by mteske1, on Flickr

8018092036_530a80553e_z.jpg

20120923_203608 by mteske1, on Flickr

8018092400_f0928e3fed_z.jpg

20120923_203535 by mteske1, on Flickr

Keep in mind it's resting on the front brace. Centered over the tank about 8" off the surface it provides full coverage.

On a side note, the sump is filled and tank is almost filled.

At this pace, by the time you get fish in there LED lights will have been replaced with newer technology! .... joking

looks great!

The goal for the first fish is Jan 1st '13. I want to give the tank plenty of time to cycle (3 months). I just moved into a new house and figure I will be here 8+ years or so, and with that in mind I am not rushing anything.

I will start dosing microbacter 7 early next week, and start a log book of ammonia/trites/trates for the next couple months.

The goal for the first fish is Jan 1st '13. I want to give the tank plenty of time to cycle (3 months). I just moved into a new house and figure I will be here 8+ years or so, and with that in mind I am not rushing anything.

I will start dosing microbacter 7 early next week, and start a log book of ammonia/trites/trates for the next couple months.

BORING..... You should just cycle for like 3 weeks and then add like 20 fish. It would be totally awesome.!

BORING..... You should just cycle for like 3 weeks and then add like 20 fish. It would be totally awesome.!

It was more than 3 weeks. A$$. tongue.gif

Go back to Ryans thread if you want to goof around. This is a serious matter.