tpallas' 33g SPS Dropoff Nano

tpallas

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This by far as to be the most impressive and unique build I have ever come across.  Keep the pics coming!!!!  I can't even fathom what this thing will look like when it's all grown in and matured.

So now it's dropped off, looks like I am full thread owner.

I'm now in the very slow and boring process of making water, 5 gallons at a time. I'm a good 5 or 6 buckets away from having this thing completely filled, an interesting task to fit between the busy work schedule. The goal now is to just get this up and running with the piece of seed rock to give it a good 6-8 weeks to cycle and mature.

Tom

I'm now in the very slow and boring process of making water, 5 gallons at a time. I'm a good 5 or 6 buckets away from having this thing completely filled, an interesting task to fit between the busy work schedule. The goal now is to just get this up and running with the piece of seed rock to give it a good 6-8 weeks to cycle and mature.

Tom

Tom, I'm right by you, with 55 gallons of RO/DI made up, if you have the salt, I'll be more than happy to do a big all in one mix for you.

Now I see why  joining a reef club is the business.  Good job on offering a hand YHSublime.  Glad to know there are still helpful people in this world!!!   :clap:

There are helpful people all over WAMAS, I wouldn't have the tank I do today without the help of many members! My offering is partly selfish. The quicker we get him going, the quicker I can see it!

Tom

Yep, you are FULL owner now!  Though I did think about hijacking your thread with a pic of the now large empty space in my shop from it being gone  :bounce: .  Enjooooyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Oh yay! ...though I would have been happier if that had all been surrounded by pillows after all that work... :-)

LOL Pillows.  What are those?  This load though was heavy enough with sufficient surface tension for my rhino lined bed to not need any tie down whatsoever actually  ;)

Sweet. You have the fish in a bucket ready to be put in? Don't forget the tap water too!

Oh god, uggh, no.  Nothing going in yet and tap water....funny...it was certainly a fleeting thought while filling  ;)

This by far as to be the most impressive and unique build I have ever come across.  Keep the pics coming!!!!  I can't even fathom what this thing will look like when it's all grown in and matured.

The pics are all on Tom's shoulder's now.  It was a fun fun build.  Almost sad to see it gone from the shop....almost.

There are helpful people all over WAMAS, I wouldn't have the tank I do today without the help of many members! My offering is partly selfish. The quicker we get him going, the quicker I can see it!

ROFL...You beat me to it.  As I was reading your first offering post I thought...hmm...Sublime just wants to go see it  ;) lol.  Awesome of you to offer up the water.  Tom's been on his 11gal so long he wasn't ready for a tank to roll in needing the 45ish gallons this guy would need.

Yep, you are FULL owner now!  Though I did think about hijacking your thread with a pic of the now large empty space in my shop from it being gone  :bounce: .  Enjooooyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Dangit, my computer was signed in under Steve's account.  I posted this, not Steve.  Though, not a big deal...people confuse us and our handles all the time lol.

Still going with Sol Blues?  Will 1 unit be enough?

Looking good.

I'm thinking maybe a Radion. I'm not in a rush to get the light until it's fully cycled so I have some time to decide (and save).

ROFLMAO!!  Hey, I want those back!!!  I usually charge an extra $5 for each one ;).  Then again....maybe it's Brutus hair haha.  You are such a tease though.  I see we have a full operational sump now....where are the pics of the whole system running ;)?  Did you have any difficulty tuning in the main siphon yourself?

Posted Image

Here is the scape from the front. Water is cloudy due to me playing with the sand. Bottom rock still covered a bit.

Posted Image

Rear portion with seed rock.

Posted Image

Bottom step side view.

Posted Image

And some funny reflections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk