Steve's (forrealb50's) new tank... going deep!

Are all the fish his?

Very nice setup you have!

He gave me a few including those engineer gobies. He's taking back the orange shoulder. There's also a pajama cardinal in the refugium that he's had for a long time that will be going in his new tank.

On another note...

The engineer gobies were shy for the last month and only came out of their cave for food. However, as of a few hours ago they were swimming around the tank like crazy with the tangs. I guess they took a while to feel comfortable. Or it could be because the orange shoulder likes to sleep in there cave (you can see them sticking their heads out in the pics above).

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

Once Travis finishes his tank and picks up all his stuff there will only be corals on the rocks and a clean sand bed with nothing in it.

Im working on it.. Everything looks great..!! Its nice that I get to see them on here.!!

Great idea! I also just happen to be baby sitting Travis'! A frag might fall off his colony and strategically place itself there ;)

Feel free.!! Its actually a green sinularia though. Things look real nice, cant wait to get it back.!!

Steve,

The tank looks awesome! I love the open channel. One of my favorite tanks of all time was Oregon Reef and he did a similar channel all the way down on a 6 ft wide tank! How much sand did you end up using?

Feel free.!! Its actually a green sinularia though. Things look real nice, cant wait to get it back.!!

Sweet! I put it in the refugium and the color actually looks better under the LEDs.

Steve,

The tank looks awesome! I love the open channel. One of my favorite tanks of all time was Oregon Reef and he did a similar channel all the way down on a 6 ft wide tank! How much sand did you end up using?

Thanks! I ended up using 7-8 gallons of sand. Not sure what that is in weight.

I have the green Nepthea if you want a piece.

Wish I had the time to drive over to your place. Thanks anyway!

Sweet! I put it in the refugium and the color actually looks better under the LEDs.

Thanks! I ended up using 7-8 gallons of sand. Not sure what that is in weight.

Wish I had the time to drive over to your place. Thanks anyway!

I get down your way all the time, next time I'll shoot ya a pm.

Wow, nice tank......I really like the dimensions.....I see you have engineering gobies....those fish are awesome (and great sand sifters).

cheers,

Darren

Wow, nice tank......I really like the dimensions.....I see you have engineering gobies....those fish are awesome (and great sand sifters).

cheers,

Darren

Thanks! Travis gave me the gobies. They are amazing little critters

Also, epleeds hooked it up with a bunch of SPS frags! I'll get some pics tomorrow. Thanks again Eric.

So are nepthea and sinularia the same thing, because they sure look like it..

Sinularia doesn't have polyps on the stalk and the stalk is colored differently than the polyps.

Nepthea has polyps and same color on the stalk.

(edited)

So I went SPS/frag crazy this weekend. epleeds and jstlsn really hooked it up! Thanks again guys.

I think I need to just let the tank grow out and wait focus on water quality. Maybe a few more fish too ;)

_.jpg

Isn't this incredible! jstlsn has an amazing collection of corals. This is ORA Red Planet.

_-3.jpg

Dr. Mac's Glowing Fingers Birds Nest

_-4.jpg

Really cool blue SPS. I couldn't get a picture to show the bue. It is VERRRRY blue and glows.

_-5.jpg

Edited by forrealb50

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I beat Cyno! At the worst point all three walls were covered in Cyno along with portions of the sand. I started off with blasting all the cyno off the sand, walls and rocks with a turkey baster. I then completed a 10 gallon water change. I also stopped using filter socks because I can't keep up with changing them every 2-3 days. Lastly, I blacked out the refugium for 3 days because it was also coveredin Cyno. It's been 2 weeks and no signs of a cyno out break.

Travis picked up all his corals today that I was baby sitting for his new tank build. Now everythign in the tank is mine! :)

The tank is now 2.5 months old.

_-1.jpg

_-2.jpg

_-3-1.jpg

_-4-1.jpg

_-7.jpg

_-8.jpg

_-9.jpg

_-11.jpg

Edited by forrealb50