Steve's (forrealb50's) new tank... going deep!

Looks great Steve, what's the purple coral at the top of the second to the last pic?

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, top right, kind of purple/maroon, looks like it encrusts with just some tips starting to grow.

Wow, sorry to hear Steve, when I started having issue's with my SPS, I started using Seachems Purigen pillow. One pillow treats 100 gallons for about a month. Helps remove DO, Nitrates, and other bad stuff.

Started to remove the paint on the left side of the tank to make it viewable. Adam with artfully acrylic is going to come over and get the scratches out of the outside and inside. This is about 2 hours of work right here.

47bf98c6-b212-3de5.jpg

47bf98c6-b21e-eb99.jpg

47bf98c6-b234-ce17.jpg

I like the non painted look as well :) How have your chromis been doing? have you noticed them schooling or picking each other off? I'm thinking of adding a school of 20-25 to my tank to get some nice small schoolers in.

now all you have to do is spend 6 hours cleaning the back of the tank. :ph34r:

OMG that would be terrible. My fingers are killing me right now!

I like the non painted look as well :) How have your chromis been doing? have you noticed them schooling or picking each other off? I'm thinking of adding a school of 20-25 to my tank to get some nice small schoolers in.

They were doing fine for a while. I had 6 since I pretty much started the tank and they never bothered each other (still have the original 6). However, I added another 6 and they were all going after the little guy. They do all swim together around the top of the tank which looks awesome. I pulled the tiny chromis out that was getting picked on and put him in the fuge.

Also, one of the bigger chromis that is 3" was doing this really weird dance on one of the walls. It would put it's belly on the wall and do a little circle dance while twitching. Kept doing that over and over and over and wouldn't allow any of the other fish around. That was the start of them picking on the tiny one. Muddy357 saw this when he was taking pics. No clue what is up.

You did a good job as directed getting the paint off...stuff worked out well then huh ;)? Did the fumes cause any laugh attacks or did you keep very well ventilated as prescribed blush.gif.

If I can get a bit of a breather I will try to stop by sometime later in the week to assess in person and test a small area. Obviously though pics are worth a 1000 words they don't come close to showing the "real picture" when it comes to acrylic scratches.

You did a good job as directed getting the paint off...stuff worked out well then huh ;)? Did the fumes cause any laugh attacks or did you keep very well ventilated as prescribed blush.gif.

If I can get a bit of a breather I will try to stop by sometime later in the week to assess in person and test a small area. Obviously though pics are worth a 1000 words they don't come close to showing the "real picture" when it comes to acrylic scratches.

Cool thanks. Just let me know when you want to stop by. There are a lot of scratches so hopefully it can be mostly fixed so I don't have to paint it black again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...